Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lambeth Country Show is back! Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th July 2022

10 years ago :

10 years ago :

It did happen in the end - in September.

Lambeth's then Cabinet Member for Leisure is is now MP for Vauxhall.

I was thinking of going to Peoples Day in Lewisham this year (there has never been a fence in the past apparently) but its on the same weekend as Lambeth Country Show

A little over 2 weeks to go, and there is very little hype about the show this year, they appear to have last updated their Facebook page in January :hmm:

As sad as I am about the demise of this festival due to the mammoth fence, I'm still gonna go.

Maybe see some urbs under the cedar tree by Brockwell Hall as we've done in previous years?

I'm going to go to see some music both evenings. What is it you are allowed to bring in these days? Surely water is allowed?

Empty bottle to be filled at filling stations around the site
recall the last time I went it was much easier to be given a new plastic water thing than actual get any water - ridiculous queues for the taps.

Not allowing water to be taken in must be dangerous this weather.

Dangerous yes.
But pity those poor vendors that now have to spend a fortune on concession fees (in order to finance the fence, that is set up in part to protect the vendors income, which is needed to finance the fence, which is needed to protect their income , which is needed to ......)

Hopefully (but unlikely) - sense will prevail and there will be extra water. Otherwise you are going to have to experience the effect of chucklehead on a dehydrated human at 35C

Back
Top Bottom