Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lambeth council magnolia paint

iantldn

After 8 years of major works claiming they’re going to renovate our block soon then repeatedly rescheduling, we’ve given up hope. The communal walls have been battered by bicycles and various bits of furniture, water damage as well as general aging and wear and tear. It looks pretty bad.

I’m planning on buying some paint and at least going over some of the worst patches myself. Know it’s probably against the rules but they won’t realise or care.

Does anyone know the magnolia paint colour they use for communal walls and where I could get it or colour match it?

Thanks for any help in advance

After 8 years of major works claiming they’re going to renovate our block soon then repeatedly rescheduling, we’ve given up hope. The communal walls have been battered by bicycles and various bits of furniture, water damage as well as general aging and wear and tear. It looks pretty bad.

I’m planning on buying some paint and at least going over some of the worst patches myself. Know it’s probably against the rules but they won’t realise or care.

Does anyone know the magnolia paint colour they use for communal walls and where I could get it or colour match it?

Magnolia is like the default colour of the Universe. The bulk of Chez Q is painted in magnolia. Wickes, Wilko and B&Q sell gallons of the stuff. if the walls are all battered and bashed then I can't imagine the exact colour match is that important, it wil fade soon enough.
Paint it, black
I see a red door
And I want it painted black
No colors anymore
I want them to turn black

"Inside" or do you need masonry paint on an external wall ?

I sure someone will correct me, but I'm fairly sure that there is a British Standard for "Magnolia" - but as contractors / suppliers sometimes "dilute" with cheaper "white" paint - Plus the changes caused by weathering / exposure to sunshine - getting a decent match may be almost impossible.

Just go to somewhere like Wickes or B&Q - get a sample pot and try the colour match if you want it to be subtle [oh, and wait until it's been dry for a couple of days, some paints change colour as they dry !]

Don’t ever imagine you can patch up paint so it looks like you haven’t patched it up, just because you tried to find the same colour. But, go for it, any effort you make will be good because it will say someone who lives here gives a shit about the communal areas.

Pick up some colour charts from different places to get as near a match as magnolia can vary from off white to manilla envelope in shade. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom