Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

King Charles III's time is up

Yeah, the ideal would be he dies in about two, two and a half years. Then we'd get a coronation bank holiday, a funeral bank holiday and then another coronation bank holiday. Well, not so ideal for him...

(Or some people get a bank holiday, anyway).
That sounds like a plan if he carks it before his coronation we will lose out. I presume there will be street parties at a coronation, The Platty Jubez one in our close was great, it was a bloody good job I didn't need to drive home.

This is pretty wild.

Not really sure what the appropriate response for this is other than an small "ahh" and a shrug. I mean let's face it when any of the other London Urbanites pass away their cleaners and handymen will be out on their arse so I'm not sure there's much scope for shedding a tear for royal help. It must go with the territory. I read in that artical when the queen mum died and Randy Andy moved into her gaff staff were "Let go". :hmm: It's nothing new really.

It's the romantic idea that royal help are lovely working class folk, devoted to serving and protecting the privacy of the lovely jubbly woyal famiwy that the guardians playing on there. It's not Downton Abbey is it? They know the ficklety of there positions.

Maybe Liz's 491 staff were made promises that means Chazzers get redeployed and helped into careers in B&Q. Just like us lot every time there is cloth cut.

Of course they're miserable. As a woman from a conservative religious background and a tenant what makes me miserable is being unable to have agency over my physical environment. And generally as a person, I am driven by the desire to build genuine pleasant relationships with other people, especially people who are kind and helpful. The drive for these things has shaped my career and life. I cannot imagine, no matter how hard I try, why people like Charles behave the way they do voluntarily. If I couldn't move something off the table, I would at least want the little boost of a pleasant interaction with whoever moves it for me so I didn't feel so down about it.

More 'pen irritates man' reportage

Obviously this is trivial shite compared with sacking people, but its a nice little reminder of how unfit for his dream job he actually is. Even if we ignore the first bit of her reign when not every single that happens was caught on camera, Brenda managed what? 15 years since the advent of social media without letting the mask slip in public like this. He's been there five minutes and he's already openly cursing the inkwells and the stinking pens and all the useless toadies who bring him them...

Chucky must have just said to the underling "just sack them will you?" and underling made interesting choice of timing.

Chucky must have just said to the underling "just sack them will you?" and underling made interesting choice of timing.

Nice idea for what it would imply but hard to credit it. A regular member of staff might consider something that mutinous, but I reckon the ones in hiring-and-firing roles will be full-on Stockholm Syndrome as far as upholding the fawning hierarchical structure goes.

(OK, I'm basing this on a sample of one retired quite senior member of the royal household staff who I know only very distantly so not necessarily representative - but you'd think he was in the direct line of succession himself to hear him talk about his working life.)

Not really sure what the appropriate response for this is other than an small "ahh" and a shrug. I mean let's face it when any of the other London Urbanites pass away their cleaners and handymen will be out on their arse so I'm not sure there's much scope for shedding a tear for royal help. It must go with the territory. I read in that artical when the queen mum died and Randy Andy moved into her gaff staff were "Let go". :hmm: It's nothing new really.

It's the romantic idea that royal help are lovely working class folk, devoted to serving and protecting the privacy of the lovely jubbly woyal famiwy that the guardians playing on there. It's not Downton Abbey is it? They know the ficklety of there positions.

Maybe Liz's 491 staff were made promises that means Chazzers get redeployed and helped into careers in B&Q. Just like us lot every time there is cloth cut.
Sure, but a more careful and aware of how it looks operation would have dealt with it very differently. These people are rich as Croesus, they could have just given the staff some bullshit makework jobs for the next few months (let's be honest, they're already bullshit makework jobs), then redeployed as many as possible, pensioned off the older ones and then quietly got rid of any that are left. That they chose instead to do it this way, when the eyes of the world are on them, is what's wild.

It's very heartening tbh - the wide support the Queen enjoyed was down in a large part to how carefully she projected herself publicly. We're seeing a very different person in Charles - pompous, bad tempered, mean. While much of the support the Queen enjoyed seems to have so far transferred to her son, these are not the kinds of character traits that are likely to help him retain it. All good.

Nice idea for what it would imply but hard to credit it. A regular member of staff might consider something that mutinous, but I reckon the ones in hiring-and-firing roles will be full-on Stockholm Syndrome as far as upholding the fawning hierarchical structure goes.

(OK, I'm basing this on a sample of one retired quite senior member of the royal household staff who I know only very distantly so not necessarily representative - but you'd think he was in the direct line of succession himself to hear him talk about his working life.)

Indeed, the other possibility is that the underling just didn't realize what was happening at that moment or didn't think it important, but that's hard to credit too.

Yeah. so depressing that people with low pensions, struggling healthcare, high tax burden on low wages, pathetic minimum wages, will turn a blind eye to these overprivileged spongers with their hidden wealth. Wool has well and truly been pulled over their eyes.

I dreamt last night that he died 😲. In my dream I saw him on telly and commented he looked grey...like really grey. The whole scene was in colour, but he was plain grey. I wasn't surprised when they announced his death on account of his greyness. It was very soon.

Back
Top Bottom