Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

King Charles III's time is up

And you dont think that Harry would be on next plane home if he was likely to become king. It will not be Andrew.
Being in the country ain’t being resident.

I mean, I’m sure they’d fiddle it so TPFKAP wouldn’t get to boss, but it would be an embarrassing fiddle.

Being in the country ain’t being resident.

I mean, I’m sure they’d fiddle it so TPFKAP wouldn’t get to boss, but it would be an embarrassing fiddle.

I don't think it'd be that hard. Either Harry would move back to the UK - changing residency isn't difficult - or they'd move on to Edward. Regency is something that can be refused without it being a big deal and I think they're jus smart enough to know it'd be the end of the monarchy.

The monarchy ending would be quite nice in a lot of ways, of course, but I'm not sure that'd be the best method. Just let them gradually have fewer powers and rights - paying more taxes would be a start, especially because it would probably lead to other supposed charities paying tax - and become more like Scandi royals. There are way more important things to change than who does the ceremonial stuff.

From Wikipedia:

"As of 2024, the first person under the age of 18 in the line of succession to the throne is William's eldest child (and elder son) Prince George of Wales, who is second in line to the throne after his father. If the prince were to succeed to the throne before his 18th birthday on 22 July 2031, his uncle, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (the King's younger son), would serve as regent (if domiciled in the United Kingdom, as required by the 1937 Act), as George's younger siblings Charlotte and Louis (currently third and fourth in line, respectively) would also be minors. In the event that Prince Harry would be unable to serve as regent (a possibility since his 2019 decision to take up residence in the United States), the next in line would be the King's brother (Prince George's grand-uncle) Prince Andrew, Duke of York, followed by the Duke of York's elder daughter Princess Beatrice."
The regent would also have to be a working royal.
This rules out both Harry and Randy.

In the unlikely event that William met with some sort of accident, I think they would get a lookalike in rather than let Andrew have the job even as a temp...

The regent would also have to be a working royal.
This rules out both Harry and Randy.
naah, thats the councillors of state, the temporary setup for if a monarch is incapacitated, but still alive. It was on Newsnight earlier, the Duke of Gloucester is one of them,

Please, please, please let the convoluted series of royal deaths happen so that technically Andrew is next in line for King, or Regent, or some other bullshit made up title for God's emptiest of vessels on earth.

And also have a film crew on standby for when someone delivers the coup de grace:

"Mate, you're an actual nonce. Of course you don't get to be fucking King."

He'd obviously move back if there was any chance he was going to be king, why you dint think that would happen I don't know.
I'm sure he would. But, meanwhile....

If Charles & William died tonight, he wouldn't be resident. So the acts of succession mean that Andrew would be bossman.

If one of them hung on a while, it would be kind of awkward, reclaiming residency so that he can benefit from his brother/dad copping it.

I'm sure he would. But, meanwhile....

If Charles & William died tonight, he wouldn't be resident. So the acts of succession mean that Andrew would be bossman.

If one of them hung on a while, it would be kind of awkward, reclaiming residency so that he can benefit from his brother/dad copping it.

Act of Regency. It doesn't make you King and probably wouldn't be beneficial at all.

Harry is higher up the pecking order than sweaty nonce so i guess he'd get the gig it that situation. Would piss off the megan haters :D

No, apparently it has to a 'working' royal. Both Harry and Andrew don't fit that bill, no longer on the payroll. At the moment there's only Wills, until one of his own parasites comes of age. I guess Harry could apply for his old 'job' back though.

Back
Top Bottom