Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

King Charles III's time is up

I mean, they could be making more concrete plans, I guess, but there are always plans for a monarch's funeral from the moment they take the throne, so just having plans for it means nothing. Even i have a couple of things about my funeral in my will and will be buying a funeral plan as soon as I turn 50, and my funeral won't even require roads to be closed or foreign heads of state to be invited. Dammit.

Last edited:
Oh lord, another huge ridiculous state funeral, followed by another huge, ridiculous coronation.
Do you think we'll have the same hoo haa this time with mile long queues of silly buggers wanting to gawp at a coffin? I can't see it really, the Queen was around forever (well it felt like it) I don't think many people give two shits about Charlie. It'll still all cost us a pretty penny unfortunately.
He's not given us value for money of he kicks the bucket so soon, I expect at least another 30 years of service!

Do you think we'll have the same hoo haa this time with mile long queues of silly buggers wanting to gawp at a coffin? I can't see it really, the Queen was around forever (well it felt like it) I don't think many people give two shits about Charlie. It'll still all cost us a pretty penny unfortunately.
He's not given us value for money of he kicks the bucket so soon, I expect at least another 30 years of service!

Depends if the monarchy is seen as relevant over the coming years. All that money and glitz, and for what? The gap between the haves and have nots ever widening, food banks, appalling struggles to stay above the poverty line.

Something's got to give, surely.

Depends if the monarchy is seen as relevant over the coming years. All that money and glitz, and for what? The gap between the haves and have nots ever widening, food banks, appalling struggles to stay above the poverty line.

Something's got to give, surely.
They had the perfect opportunity to call it a day after her death but they will insist on hanging on to that gravy train instead of giving back. You're right that something has to give but I can't see ot coming from them or the public, too many still love all the pomp and the ceremonial bullshit traditions. We should have done what the French did, maybe we need another couple of hundred years to get with the times.

I mean, they could be making more concrete plans, I guess, but there are always plans for a monarch's funeral from the moment they take the throne, so just having plans for it means nothing. Even i have a couple of things about my funeral in my will and will be buying a funeral plan as soon as I turn 50, and my funeral won't even require roads to be closed or foreign heads of state to be invited. Dammit.
Re - charles - I'm in it for the day off.
Re - mine - I'm arranging prepayments for the pro mourners as we speak.

Back
Top Bottom