Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Formby was the person who did most (with Corbyn) to actually address antisemitism in the Labour party and Starmer couldn't wait to get rid of her.
Wasn’t she the idiot 2019 campaign manager that admitted she didn’t read polls?1719956745223.png

Magic Grandpa got everything he deserved for causing the worst defeat in over 80 years and allowing Anti Semitism to flourish in the party.
The Magic Grandpa suddenly makes sense from a Starmerite
:D
I want the Tories gone, and a Labour Party that is actually a safe space for Jews. Pretty much sums it up you find that amusing.
Wasn’t she the idiot 2019 campaign manager that admitted she didn’t read polls?View attachment 431654
Can't see that on Wiki. She was the General Secretary who actually worked with Corbyn to rid the party of antisemites - you know, the antisemites that the right wing Labour party HQ had allowed to fester within the party and then blamed Corbyn for.

Funny that Starmer didn't go after those right wingers in Labour HQ, who the WhatsApp messages showed were much worse racists than the thousands of Labour members purged from the party by Starmer.

A lot of Blacks and Jews were purged you know - suggesting that Starmer is more of a racist and antisemite than Corbyn ever was. Pretty much sums it up you support him. :)

Actually in my Jewish conspiracy WhatsApp group we’re currently working out the line to take.
I don't really like this kind of idpol stuff, I pretty much resent it, but now that you've made it pretty much unavoidable, would you mind saying what your relationship to Jewishness is? Like, if you're Jewish then that's fine, we're just two Jews who disagree with each other, there's a strong case to be made that that's constitutive of Jewishness and all that. But if you're a gentile and you just made that post, then, well, I think you can see how it comes across as a bit fucking chutzpahdik. Just to be clear, do you think our Frank sees the world in terms of Jewish conspiracies, or did you just throw that out for no reason?
It’s been photoshopped to make it a bit more reichy. This is the original:

Tbf, that is quite a nice suit. But then looking at that post has also reminded me that Jess Phillips of all people resigned from Starmer's frontbench because it was too immoral for her. Or perhaps she's also part of the International Antisemitic Conspiracy as well?

Wasn’t she the idiot 2019 campaign manager that admitted she didn’t read polls?View attachment 431654
And no she wasn't the Campaign Manager because she was at the time the General Secretary handling the antisemitism in the party that your pals on the Labour right had allowed to flourish.

A simple check would have shown you were wrong but instead you spent your time inserting the huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge crying emoji.
1719993561983.png

Very welcome change if you ask me…

Guardian said:
Tom Baldwin, Starmer’s biographer, uses the analogy of a climber stuck in a deep ravine. “The radical politician will announce he has an exciting new plan to climb out by his teeth. He gets lots of attention for doing so but ends up on his knees with no teeth.

“Starmer says: ‘Let’s take the footpath.’ Nobody pays much attention because it’s a bit boring. He’s halfway out of the ravine by the time they notice. Keir takes it step by step but he’s relentless in pursuit of his aim.”
So going by this analogy the easy, otherwise unnoticed footpath out of the crisis in the UK which Starmer is about to lead us on is... what?

Very welcome change if you ask me…

“He will govern in the way in which he’s run the Labour party,” says one shadow cabinet minister.

That's the whole country subjected to contemptuous and often racist anti-democratic control freakery then.

There’s clearly anti Semites on here.
Hey, since you're posting on this thread again, I asked you some questions that you seem to have missed, do you want to have a go at answering them? Just to jog your memory, it was:
I don't really like this kind of idpol stuff, I pretty much resent it, but now that you've made it pretty much unavoidable, would you mind saying what your relationship to Jewishness is? Like, if you're Jewish then that's fine, we're just two Jews who disagree with each other, there's a strong case to be made that that's constitutive of Jewishness and all that. But if you're a gentile and you just made that post, then, well, I think you can see how it comes across as a bit fucking chutzpahdik. Just to be clear, do you think our Frank sees the world in terms of Jewish conspiracies, or did you just throw that out for no reason?
Like, I appreciate there's no neat link between politics and identity, gentiles can say all sorts of interesting things on this and related subjects and Jews can say silly ones, just like with any other identity category. But still, if you're setting yourself up as urban's own John Woodcock or Gideon Falter, I would quite like to know if our resident expert on what's Good For The Jews is actually a gentile. And if so, perhaps you might want to consider that you're talking to people who have a bit more firsthand experience of Jewish life and maybe modify your tone a bit. Or you could just post that big emoji again, whatever.
Who would you say was an anti-semite?
Having done a quick check, phildwyer, WhyLikeThis (who I don't think still posts here), Boris Sprinkler and barlimo have all posted stuff on the main Israel/Hamas thread that I consider to have crossed the line. Of those, Boris definitely seems like he's not in a particularly healthy place, not saying that excuses anything but I think it should be possible to have compassion for the reasons someone might be behaving erratically without condoning the behaviour itself. When the subject's come up, I've made an effort to identify exactly what it was that I object to and why (e.g. here and here), because I think that's worth doing if you take antisemitism seriously. Of course, if someone just sees antisemitism as a fun little word that they can throw around to score points off people then they can do what they like I suppose.

Having done a quick check, phildwyer, WhyLikeThis (who I don't think still posts here), Boris Sprinkler and barlimo have all posted stuff on the main Israel/Hamas thread that I consider to have crossed the line. Of those, Boris definitely seems like he's not in a particularly healthy place, not saying that excuses anything but I think it should be possible to have compassion for the reasons someone might be behaving erratically without condoning the behaviour itself. When the subject's come up, I've made an effort to identify exactly what it was that I object to and why (e.g. here and here), because I think that's worth doing if you take antisemitism seriously. Of course, if someone just sees antisemitism as a fun little word that they can throw around to score points off people then they can do what they like I suppose.

Just trying to be fair to WhyLikeThis, I don't remember them posting anything anti-semitic, just a lot angry and quite random lashing out at various people.

Just trying to be fair to WhyLikeThis, I don't remember them posting anything anti-semitic, just a lot angry and quite random lashing out at various people.
Bit of a sidetrack and hardly relevant with them not being there anymore, but they did post about "the Israelis" killing Jesus, which is definitely over the line for me. Agree that they weren't as persistent with it as someone like phil though.

Back
Top Bottom