Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Why bother? After the last pile on it’s clear nothing I say will be treated fairly.
Seriously? You set yourself up to fail by posting a tweet with an implicit endorsement from yourself by Paul Mason which was manifestly untrue. You were then invited to explain your reasoning and signally failed to do anything of the sort. Pile on? Pull the other one eh?

Last edited:
Ready to clean up politics :thumbs:

Sir Keir Starmer accepted £76,000 worth of entertainment, clothes and similar freebies from UK donors since the 2019 general election, more than almost any other MP, according to research by the Financial Times.

The Labour leader took “gifts, benefits and hospitality” spanning concerts, parties, sport games, hotel stays and clothing during the last parliament, including more than 20 free tickets to see football matches.

Starmer, who is on course to become prime minister after the general election on Thursday, has vowed to “return politics to public service” after what he has characterised as years of Conservative sleaze.

but at least we know he's just an ordinary hard-up football fan :(

and as a bit of contrast:

Jeremy Corbyn [who the article says accepted £600,000 in donations from supporters for legal costs], former Labour leader, made declarations totalling more than £600,000 in relation to legal costs being covered by supporters.

Starmer became Labour leader in April 2020. His relaxed approach to free events is in contrast to his two predecessors heading Labour in opposition since 2010.

Corbyn, leader from 2015 to 2019, only ever recorded a single £476 benefit: a trip to the Glastonbury Festival in 2017 where he spoke on the Pyramid Stage.

Last edited:
Labour probably will end up nationalising things. Not put of any great principled position, but because some of them (Southern Water, Southern Rail immediately sprung to mind) will collapse otherwise. They'll undoubtedly do it badly and will give to much to the parasitical shareholders.

I'm sure that poll's lovely and all, but while you're back on here, would you mind taking a little bit of time to answer the questions that were asked over on the Corbzy thread? Don't want to rush you or anything but I think there's a few people who'd be very interested to hear your answers.

He's probably just waiting until Lee Harpin tells him what the answers are.

Bit like Jeremy Corbyn, when you think about it
Magic Grandpa got everything he deserved for causing the worst defeat in over 80 years and allowing Anti Semitism to flourish in the party.

The beauty of this election is he loses either way, a loss means he’s finally consigned to speaking at protests and taking money from the Iranian regime. He wins he’ll be a lone figure on the opposition back benches that no will care about. Result!

Magic Grandpa got everything he deserved for causing the worst defeat in over 80 years and allowing Anti Semitism to flourish in the party.

The beauty of this election is he loses either way, a loss means he’s finally consigned to speaking at protests and taking money from the Iranian regime. He wins he’ll be a lone figure on the opposition back benches that no will care about. Result!
i think this is what the kids call cringe

Another interview with Andrew Feinstein
When it comes to those Starmer has been kicking out of the Labour party, there are a lot of people who are supportive of Palestinian liberation who also happen to be Jewish.

The vast, vast majority of them, certainly all of them that I know, are anti-racist Jews, lifelong anti-racist Jews. He has expelled more Jews from the party than in the entire previous history of the party. And this is in order to combat antisemitism?

Antisemitism is something I understand incredibly well. I first experienced it when I was probably eight or nine years old, and that was the first time my mum ever spoke to me about her own personal history of being a Holocaust survivor, of surviving the war in Nazi-occupied Vienna, hidden in a coal cellar. She'd have to be rolled up into a carpet, and the carpet pushed up against the wall. And how terrifying that was for her. She was seven, I think, when the war started. And the fact that she lost dozens of her family, predominantly at Auschwitz. A few of them died in Theresienstadt as well. And how, when she came to South Africa, she understood the notion of “never again” as being not just about Jews, but about all humanity. And she felt that the majority of South Africans who were black were being treated by the apartheid state like the Jews of Europe had been treated during the Second World War. So she got involved with an anti-apartheid group called the Black Sash. She was a puppeteer by profession, and she worked as a puppeteer at something called The People's Space, which was an illegal non-racial theatre. I started going to townships and then to the theatre and meeting people in the political community from a very young age.

So the way in which antisemitism has been weaponised by Keir Starmer and the Labour party, I must be honest with you, actually, I find quite repelling and extremely difficult to cope with.

Everyone bar you knows of shammer's responsibility for 2019. Corbyn's failure wasn't on antisemitism it was letting shammer piss about with proposed second referendums

Back
Top Bottom