Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

In news that should surprise no-one:

Looking forward to Starmer telling Trump all about change and toolmaking. I'm sure the convicted felon and presidential sex pest will be laser focussed.

Anyone have the Vogons on speed dial?

Maybe. It is notoriously hard to poll certain sectors of the population. In this constituency, that's the likes of Bangladeshis and Somalis. Polling areas like Somers Town is tricky.

It won't make a massive amount of difference, but I won't be surprised if Feinstein gets a few more than the polls say. It will be nowhere near enough to win.

This is a different issue to sample size though. If your sampling method is dodgy increasing sample size doesn't particularly fix that, you just have a larger non-representative sample.

See also Jon Ashworth dropping similar shit on Newsnight:

KICK OUT THE BENGALS!! - SEND THEM BACK!!
Its obvious Labour HQ have had a meeting and decided to single out Bangladeshis...its official messaging from the top down....

Having grown up in the era of "Paki bashing" and seen it parroted by ten year old kids at school, including terrorising any Indian looking shop keepers, I've taken taken some comfort in the state of Britain, thinking we had broadly moved on from that era.

To hear this senior Labour cunt literally spitting this vitriol out makes me sick to my stomach. They're utter scum.

Looks more like a huge switch to the Tories by Indian voters.

Fair observation, though I suspect that's not a switch as such.

----

There's an interesting analysis from yougov here

Gaza is a big issue among many Pakistani and Bangladeshi but not among most black voters. And really as it's the only issue Starmer's Labour have been tested on, the polling reflects this.

Huge? Now many are we talking, what impact does that have on what seats?

We'll have to dig through some historical polling to prove it, but I don't think there has been big support for the Greens among South Asians like that before.

I realise this thread has gone a bit point scorey. But really we should expect a rising Labour Party to keep the various components of its electoral coalition together, so I'm not sure the points being scored count for much. For me, it's less about what will happen next week, but how things will look in five years time when they have been tested in government and what happens to people who are unenthused but willing to give them a chance.

The vote of many Hong Kongers living in the UK will be affected by thoughts of a future government's potential relationship with China.

More than 140,000 people have arrived in the UK from Hong Kong under the British National Overseas (BNO) visa since 2021, after Beijing imposed a sweeping national security law which, to crush dissent, criminalised the “subversion” of state power – a crime that carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.

The 'Red Wall' seat where fear of China's threats could swing the vote

Back
Top Bottom