Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

I wonder if there is any polling in that seat? Would be good to see if Feinstein's campaign is getting any traction.
Spoke to someone yesterday who is leafleting for him, said the snap election has fucked the campaign a lot, they were expecting autumn and caught on the back foot, scrambling to get going, only just about up and running now.

Faint praise off the Labour candidate in Stroud at the hustings, though he pitched it well considering he couldn't just call him a twat:
However, the penultimate question, ‘What makes a good leader and how do you know your party has one?’ drew laughter from some of the audience when Dr Opher responded: “I know Kier isn’t that popular, so what I would say about him is that he is effective. He has changed the Labour Party into a position where we are likely to win a large majority. That is effective.

“Now I know you don’t like him, but I would say that he’s competent and slightly on the dull spectrum perhaps. Maybe that’s what we need after the last five years.”

More trusted now than when Corbyn ran the show.

and yet...

screenshot_20240627_052342-jpg.430787

However, despite Labour regaining ground among low-income voters, the report warns that politicians remain deeply unpopular, with more than half of low-income voters, 57 per cent, saying that “no political party really cares about helping people like me”.

I'm surprised it's not more than that.

BTW, it doesn't say if the survey was for the whole of the UK, Britain, England and Wales, or only England. Thought it was just shit journalism but the website's not clear on that either (I'm not doing a deep-dive because I shouldn't have to, so fuck them then innit.)

A campaign source said Labour headquarters had been angry with the traction Owusu-Nepaul was getting. “At one point [Jovan] was getting more retweets than Keir Starmer. The officials were furious with him and said he was distracting [from] Starmer’s campaign,” they said.

WTAF? That's the sort of thing paranoid dicators do. I just checked his twitter account and he seems to be pretty centrist, but he has a bit of charisma... and that is viewed as a threat by the Starmerites? Are they now at the "Stalin bumping off Yezhov" stage of the purge?

Back
Top Bottom