Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

After the first debate I was slightly frustrated because I didn’t think the 45 seconds to answer a question really worked for me.
Well after he's got through the "Now I want to be very clear about this, and I've been saying this for many years that Labour has changed now so we are electable because my father was a toolmaker - that's no laughing matter ..." he's already up to the 42 second mark. :(

Labour attempted to gag a prominent Black barrister who authored a report which exposed a "hierarchy of racism" within the party, The Independent can reveal.

Martin Forde KC was warned he was "acting against the party's interest" in a letter sent by lawyers representing Labour after he gave an interview highlighting Labour’s failures around the report.

Mr Forde said the exchange had left him "irritated", telling The Independent the party "can't silence me".
After publication in March 2023, the lawyer gave an interview to Al Jazeera in which he said no one from Labour had been willing to discuss the recommendations further and highlighted concerns raised by ethnic minority politicians within Labour about racism in the party.

In response, it has now emerged the Labour Party sent Mr Forde a robust legal letter, seen by The Independent, accusing him of acting against the party’s interests and advising him it was “considering all of its options”.
Mish Rahman, a member of Labour’s Nation Executive Committee (NEC), told The Independent he was disappointed by the letter to Mr Forde.

“This legal threat from the Labour Party to Mr Forde is consistent with the behaviour of Starmer’s Labour Party, which is intent on cracking down on any dissent or criticism rather than the actual perpetrators of racism,” he said.

“We also saw this in the party’s pursuit of those it believed had leaked evidence of racism and its defence of those who had made racist and bigoted comments.”
Act against the party's interests and you'll get legal threats - funny I thought Starmer always put the country before party :eek:

Act against the party's interests and you'll get legal threats - funny I thought Starmer always put the country before party :eek:
They're such pantomime villains. There should be people booing and hissing every time he comes onstage.

Stupid. All theoretical and he's now just managed to piss off pro-Indy voters who may know it's not on the cards anytime soon but really don't want to hear Starmer opine on it.
All he had to say was 'we respect the democratic process and if the people of scotland decide to blah blah blah, however i believe in a united kingdom and that differences should and can be overcome by political means'.
It's not hard to waffle meaningless waffle like a politician before an election, is it?

All he had to say was 'we respect the democratic process and if the people of scotland decide to blah blah blah, however i believe in a united kingdom and that differences should and can be overcome by political means'.
It's not hard to waffle meaningless waffle like a politician before an election, is it?
You'd think

(Have you thought about going into politics, klang..? :hmm:)

The Tories have had their turn and will and should be shown the door, but I haven't warmed to Starmer, he seems to me a little smug, somewhat sanctimonious and I don't trust that he and his team will be responsible in government. As it happens because of the balance in my constituency it doesn't make a whole lot of difference who I vote for so I am wondering about voting green or even lib dem.

Andrew Feinsteins challenge in Starmers St Pancras seat was always a massive long shot but looking just a little more feasible this morning. I don't think he'll be short of volunteers.

Andrew Feinstein is standing against Starmer - good luck to him although 27,000+ majority (although near 20% of electorate identify as muslim) will be interesting to see whether he makes a dent

Andrew Feinstein on his reasons for standing against Starmer

Who exactly is Wais Islam?:

Back
Top Bottom