Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Starmer.

Assuming we get what is expected, a large Labour majority.

Did Starmer win it, or did the Tories lose it?
the tories lost it, by miles

img_4187-jpeg.431736

Starmer had better make a difference or full-on fascist Reform is going to clean up election after this. :(

I fear that Owen Jones may be right here:
That confidence in the Conservative political project has collapsed is evident in this once ardent stronghold: disinterest, resignation and scorn reign supreme. The Tory vote that holds up will be defined by an absence of enthusiasm. What is most worrying, though, is that it feels as though this is only the beginning, that the foundations of something new – a Faragist insurgency against a Starmer government – are being laid.

And we know that he'll leave them to it while he's attacking protestors and the left again because that's who he and all his mates really hate.
Certain things are baked in guaranteed. Like Blair/Brown, it's possible he'll get waiting lists down, for example. But he's going to do so by using money borrowed by the private sector. In the end, all that does is make inequality even greater.

I don't know if he's economically illiterate or just doesn't care, or does know it's the wrong thing to do but is going to do it anyway because he's too spineless to make the case for public borrowing.

Certain things are baked in guaranteed. Like Blair/Brown, it's possible he'll get waiting lists down, for example. But he's going to do so by using money borrowed by the private sector. In the end, all that does is make inequality even greater.

I don't know if he's economically illiterate or just doesn't care, or does know it's the wrong thing to do but is going to do it anyway because he's too spineless to make the case for public borrowing.
Heard someone saying that this might be a different version of PFI, less about leasing/borrowing and more about letting the investors (Black Rock has been mentioned a lot) own the bit of infrastructure to take profits in perpetuity. We'll see soon enough.

Heard someone saying that this might be a different version of PFI, less about leasing/borrowing and more about letting the investors (Black Rock has been mentioned a lot) own the bit of infrastructure to take profits in perpetuity. We'll see soon enough.
Same difference really. Private sector borrows, private capital grows. Increased inequality is the result.

[/QUOTE]

He knows how many bungs he and his party have taken from vulture capitalists. He knows what they're paying him for, because they'll have told him in no uncertain terms.

Take a look at the younger generations pollling, and then the death rate of the oldest pro brexit cohort.

Ten years is more than reasonable.
yeah, I recall that political Titan Polly Toynbee making the same claim five years ago.

It's utter nonsense and there is practically zero channel of it happening before the election after the election after this.

There you go Magic Grandpa luvvies, the secret to getting hyped.😬

That's the worry, though. They know he responds to their culture wars and tries to triangulate their cough "anti-woke" politics, hence the pressure they want to put on him. He's also not going to tackle any economic problems and being presented as king woke that leaves the door wide open to blaming problems on (eg.) immigrants.

So that's two reasons they're smacking their lips at a Starmer government. We're looking at a right/far right resurgence.

Starmer and labour is going to get elected ..

But are people voting for Starmer because they think him and his policies are great? Or are they voting for Starmer because that way they get the Tories out?

I don't see Starmer and his policies are that great, in fact I expect quite a lot of cock ups.

I fear that Owen Jones may be right here:

That's a depressing read.

And here is real example of underlying anti semitism in this country.

People there complaining about migrants. Owen says migrant figures are low here.

Appears some people when referring to migrants mean British Jews who have moved out of London as housing is cheaper in that part of the country.

they’ve been a settled British community for a century. They nonetheless crop up in other conversations I have – often as a target of resentment simply because they are visibly different

Moving out of London due to the ridiculous house prices is normal thing to do.

On Farage. I originally come from Devon and saw speech on YouTube he gave in Devon whilst drumming up support. He spoke for half hour off the cuff and knows how to work a crowd. I do not like his politics but I was impressed. Mixture of opposing the elites and supporting the armed forces. In Devon that goes down well . Agree with Owen someone like him could gain if the grown ups who will run the country next do not deliver.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom