Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Prophetic:

3 February 2021 at 8.17 am.

New suits and dresses all round all on expenses

90011247-13883349-image-a-24_1727126136373.jpg

Who needs an expense account when you've got a 'sugar daddy'?

Labour don't realise how precarious their position is. Massive majority but just 33 per cent vote. Also, much reduced membership and lack of presence in working class communities. When they won the last election there was no sense of identity or that they were building something for voters to get on board with. Tories are still a pool of dogshit posing as a political party, so you have the circumstances for a new party emerging. First past the post and a couple of other factors mean this won't happen, so it's probably Greens and Reflux who will benefit. But ultimately , Starmer and Labour are both craven neoliberals and shit politicians.

Labour don't realise how precarious their position is. Massive majority but just 33 per cent vote. Also, much reduced membership and lack of presence in working class communities. When they won the last election there was no sense of identity or that they were building something for voters to get on board with. Tories are still a pool of dogshit posing as a political party, so you have the circumstances for a new party emerging. First past the post and a couple of other factors mean this won't happen, so it's probably Greens and Reflux who will benefit. But ultimately , Starmer and Labour are both craven neoliberals and shit politicians.
I'm sure the Starmerites on here, the ones still posting, believe that they've played the game successfully, all about seats etc. However it seems from this article by Chakrabortty, on a current report by Labour Together, that they know they're on borrowed time, have to deliver on health and cost of living with half of voters giving them 2 years.

an organisation at the heart of the Starmer project, and it is already worried about how long it’s got left.

“This Labour government has been cautiously hired, on a trial basis, liable to prompt dismissal if it deviates even slightly from its focus on voters’ priorities.”

Just two years. Forget “a decade of renewal”: Starmer is on borrowed time.

I didn't vote labour because I thought Starmer was the future, I voted labour to be certain of getting the tories out. When Starmer speaks of his majority, and of his mandate, I think, no I just wanted anyone but the tories. I didn't vote for Starmer because I thought he was the answer, I repeat I voted to be sure the tories would be out.

And now I see so many thousands of pounds in donations, from millionaires, for clothes, for glasses, for football matches, for Taylor Swift concerts, and I wonder, does Starmer have any ethics, does he have a moral compass. I think he said of the criticism "water off a duck's back" well I don't think so.

I voted labour to get rid of the tories, I didn't vote labour to take winter fuel allowances from pensioners on 13 grand a year while the now labour prime minister on £163,000 gets tens of thousands for his wardrobe!

Who else in Britain gets a millionaire to pay for their clothes? Does anyone else do that?

I voted labour to be rid of the tories.

I didn't vote labour because I thought Starmer was the future, I voted labour to be certain of getting the tories out. When Starmer speaks of his majority, and of his mandate, I think, no I just wanted anyone but the tories. I didn't vote for Starmer because I thought he was the answer, I repeat I voted to be sure the tories would be out.

And now I see so many thousands of pounds in donations, from millionaires, for clothes, for glasses, for football matches, for Taylor Swift concerts, and I wonder, does Starmer have any ethics, does he have a moral compass. I think he said of the criticism "water off a duck's back" well I don't think so.

I voted labour to get rid of the tories, I didn't vote labour to take winter fuel allowances from pensioners on 13 grand a year while the now labour prime minister on £163,000 gets tens of thousands for his wardrobe!

Who else in Britain gets a millionaire to pay for their clothes? Does anyone else do that?

Rachel Reeves does that

What ... ? while pensioners don't get help with their heating Starmer gets help with his wardrobe. Is that true? and he is on something like £160k while pensioners are on £13k .. something stinks.

Some media types are using the bizaree defence that they count as work clothes and damn am I missing out on a trick by paying for my work shirts.

It didn't work, you just got another colour of them.

TERF leaves Labour

She may be a TERF, but that doesn't appear to have anything to do with her decision to resign from Labour.

In her resignation letter, published by the Sunday Times, the MP lambasts Sir Keir Starmer for the “staggering hypocrisy” of accepting gifts worth tens of thousands of pounds while scrapping the winter fuel payment and keeping the two-child benefit cap. In the letter she said the “revelations of hypocrisy” since the change of government in July had been “staggering and increasingly outrageous. I cannot put into words how angry I and my colleagues are at your total lack of understanding about how you have made us all appear." She added: "The sleaze, nepotism and apparent avarice are off the scale. I am so ashamed of what you and your inner circle have done to tarnish and humiliate our once proud party.”

Back
Top Bottom