Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

It appeared bizarre, disturbing and deeply offensive to see The Right Honourable Sir Keir Starmer KCB KC MP devoting time at today's Prime Minister's Questions to effusive praise to a retiring MP who enthusiastically created a reign a terror against the families of people who came to the UK in good faith.
tbh it's not (to me anyway) that people have come to the uk in good faith, but that they arrived legally, have built lives and communities here, have greatly contributed to the country's culture and economy - and to face official racism imposed for no good reason, for the tory government chasing racist votes, was an utter disgrace. may should have been driven from the chamber in disgrace - to praise her legitimises what she did with the 'hostile atmosphere'. i wouldn't be at all surprised to find her example followed by any future labour government.

Having belatedly caught up with this, I was really enjoying the Ice-T thing, but apparently the interview's fake. And Ice-T calling Starmer a clown is good but not quite up there with Nicki Minaj telling Johnson "I went to school with Margaret Thatcher and she told me so many nice things about you." (In my head she also had beef with Starmer as part of that spat but can't find anything about it now.)
Between her, Owen Smith frantically telling people "I'm normal" Chuka's implosion and Steve Kinnock being filmed at the polls it really was the funniest period of political centrism.
Am I right in remembering that Smith also made some claim about having a massive dick as part of his leadership bid? I definitely have a vague memory of that, but can't remember the specifics, and am obviously a bit reluctant to google it.

Am I right in remembering that Smith also made some claim about having a massive dick as part of his leadership bid? I definitely have a vague memory of that, but can't remember the specifics, and am obviously a bit reluctant to google it.
Thought he was all about the frothy coffee but then I've led a sheltered life. :oops:

He has no shame, he has no morals, he's dangerous.

tbh it's not (to me anyway) that people have come to the uk in good faith, but that they arrived legally, have built lives and communities here, have greatly contributed to the country's culture and economy - and to face official racism imposed for no good reason, for the tory government chasing racist votes, was an utter disgrace. may should have been driven from the chamber in disgrace - to praise her legitimises what she did with the 'hostile atmosphere'. i wouldn't be at all surprised to find her example followed by any future labour government.

Are there no depths to which Sir Keir Starmer KCB KC MP will not plunge?:

Diane Abbott accuses Labour of hypocrisy after it uses race row to fundraise for donations

Labour Has No Plans To End Diane Abbott's Suspension From The (Parliamentary) Party

He really should note that some people are not the "gullible simpletons" that he considers them to be:

Rachel Reeves' speech is up. Very dense and studious, though I'm sure it can be mined for content:

Will anyone vaguely human on the left be put up against Starmer, Reeves and the like at election time? I'd bung em a bit of cash to fund them. Could perhaps get rid of the worst of the headbangers.
Andrew Feinstein against Starmer, Leane Mohamed against Streeting, Sam Gorst against Maria Eagle. There are also candidates standing against Steve Reed, Peter Kyle and Rushanara Ali. There are moves to stand candidates against Lisa Nandy, Liz Kendall, Anneliese Dodds, and Angela Rayner. It's just a matter of finding somebody to take out Reeves which is proving difficult. If you know anyone in Leeds ask them to pull their fingers out.

Andrew Feinstein against Starmer, Leane Mohamed against Streeting, Sam Gorst against Maria Eagle. There are also candidates standing against Steve Reed, Peter Kyle and Rushanara Ali. There are moves to stand candidates against Lisa Nandy, Liz Kendall, Anneliese Dodds, and Angela Rayner. It's just a matter of finding somebody to take out Reeves which is proving difficult. If you know anyone in Leeds ask them to pull their fingers out.

Who is standing against Rushanara? It's not fucking Aspire* is it?

*not really of the left though tbh.

I didn't read all of this but Monbiot has interesting suggestions for which candidates to stand.

I'd have hoped Momentum might concentrate resources on these sorts of seats, too. There must be loads of disaffected lefties around.

I heard he wasn't well enough, a heart condition. No idea if that's true
McDonnell had stood before. Pretty much everyone in the SCG had stood for leader at some point. It was just Corbyn's turn. He won because all the right wingers hadn't got a single positive idea between them until Andy Burnham realised too late (because a load of the votes were already in) that simply slagging off the left wasn't enough.

Back
Top Bottom