Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

I didn't read all of this but Monbiot has interesting suggestions for which candidates to stand.

I'd have hoped Momentum might concentrate resources on these sorts of seats, too. There must be loads of disaffected lefties around.
There are, but as far as I can see the vast majority just want to moan online about everybody else doing everything wrong. We are starting to get people willing to come out on the streets and actually do stuff, and fundraising for all left independents has picked up, but it's still mostly lots of talk and very little in terms of walk. It seems extremely difficult to get even political junkies to understand that we aren't having a national presidential election between Sunak and Starmer. However it is starting to change. Six months ago we usually had two to four people out on the streets with OCISA each weekend. It's more like 10 usually now, with a good few former local Labour Party members amongst them. We are even able to get 5 or 6 people out on weekdays. The big problem is that there is barely going to be any coverage in the mainstream media. So if you rely on the BBC, C4 News, and The Guardian for your political news you won't see/hear/read anything about it all.

I'm not a fan of Galloway. But what has been forgotten is that people voted for him. And he surprised the pundits by winning by big margin. Starmer puts it down to withdrawing support from Labour candidate. So this loss to Galloway does not really count.

Still it does not explain why all those people in that constituency turned up to vote for him.

It could be that Starmer take on Gaza has really got to people. And its not just a niche interest of the "left"

As I saw at demos on Gaza/ Palestine I attended this issue of Gaza is not about the "left".

Its about a sizeable portion of the electorate being very very angry at the the mainstream parties both not supporting a ceasefire.

Concentrating of Galloway is a distraction.

And what has happened in Gaza has brought to the fore that the Palestinian issue has been sidelined for years.

If anything good will come out of this its that Palestinians rights will be taken seriously.

And Id also hope that people who support Palestinian rights will stop being smeared with being anti Semitic.

In my borough of Lambeth the right of the Labour party run the Labour group and Council. They were big on opposing anti semitism when Corbyn was leader. The same people have just suspended indefinitely the only Jewish Labour Cllr for voting for a Green party motion to full Council for Lambeth to support a ceasefire. The other three Labour Cllrs who voted for the Green Cllrs motion on a ceasefire only got few months suspension. Its not the "left" ,whatever that is, that is the problem imo in real terms.

Starmer got his wish to root out anti semitism. Then when faced with Israel government and IDF mass killing of civilians ended up supporting it. My Labour right run Council are pushing out a left wing Jewish Cllr. Indefinite suspension means come election time you wont be selected to stand. So his career in local government is effectively at an end.
The key thing to note about the Rochdale by-election was that second place went to a local independent almost unknown outside the town who largely campaigned on local issues, and who pretty much forced Galloway to take on local issues too (James Giles is a very savvy campaign manager and worked that out fast).

Starmer heaps praise on Thatcher as he woos Conservative voters

keir-thatcher-1080p.png

"My party extends the hand of friendship to those who voted for the Tories but feel let down by their failure to act ..."

Voters have been betrayed on Brexit and immigration. I stand ready to deliver
Media personality, The Right Honourable David Lammy PC FRSA MP, explains his organisation's source of inspiration:

Margaret Thatcher was a ‘visionary’ says Labour’s David Lammy

As well as predict the future I can bend spoons

EDIT

I'll defend Owen. He may annoy some, I don't care. I think he's consistent and fair minded with his work. His recent stuff on Gaza has, to my mind, been exemplary and it's a wonder he hasn't had a nervious breakdown. He has held people to account politically for a while now, especially since 2020. Still some no mark tiktokker with a penchant for mucky sarcasm thinks he's shit because David Cameron fucked a pig or something. She couldn't even hold her own in a debate with Dan Hodges. She's utterly out of her depth and can fuck thee off

ANOTHER EDIT

She's also asking for money. The same way. She has a kofi link in her bio. She's also part of Graham Hughes (who owns an island he won in a gameshow) and Phil Moorhouse's Labour Social social media project. It charges for access to discord wherein, UI assume, such issues could be discussed. Utterly lacking in self awareness.

Now I'm done

Last edited:
Isn't Supetanski the one who has a members only thing for middle aged centrist dads, is a landlord and asked for money for her cats vet bill?
Does she rent out property? I know Graham Hughes owns a fucking island, he won on a gameshow and begs for money on his youtube channel. Phil Moorhouse, the other member of the Three Muskastarmerteers (ffs, I wrote that), is an absolute labour apologist who bends the truth the way comets escape Jupiter. These people, Labour Social, are awful

I don't think that I have posted this article before. Apologies if I have. It is worth reading. It makes some good points about how to approach standing a candidate to the left of the Labour Party. It is demoralising to stand a candidate and get only 1% or less. It makes sense to concentrate on standing in a few seats.

Does she rent out property? I know Graham Hughes owns a fucking island, he won on a gameshow and begs for money on his youtube channel. Phil Moorhouse, the other member of the Three Muskastarmerteers (ffs, I wrote that), is an absolute labour apologist who bends the truth the way comets escape Jupiter. These people, Labour Social, are awful
People allege she is a landlord , I don't have any further details. Yes they are awful as are the ones that religiously follow them

Back
Top Bottom