Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

This does indeed seem to me to be the hight of folly:

That is skirting very close to libel in my view.

That said, I spent quite a while last night reading the leaked report... ferrets in a sack doesn't quite cover it.

That is skirting very close to libel in my view.

Starmer won't have the funds to launch any legal cases of his after he's coughed up to settle everyone else's.

Oh well, lay down with dogs and you get fleas. Starmer got his job because of the actions a bunch of wreckers and backstabbers, if he gets cleaned out and ruined by the same now, that's just a necessary narrative consequence. Just a pity the country now has to endure its worst ever government without even a token opposition.

I can imagine the high fives in his office once the Mail on Sunday agreed to run the story. But if they think that this is what the ‘red wall‘ is thinking they are miles off the mark. People are scared and want their kids (and therefore schools) safe before they send them back.

I hate him so much

shame on those who fell for it

edit: seriously though, this cunt is like having the fkn worse Miliband as leader. How did anyone buy his snake oil?

I hate him so much

shame on those who fell for it

edit: seriously though, this cunt is like having the fkn worse Miliband as leader. How did anyone buy his snake oil?

What’s astonishing is the rapidity with which Labour has retreated from any vestiges of a social democratic project, and has re-entered the terrain of competing to be the most effective managers of the neo-liberal orthodoxy. That’s the real achievement of the first 100 days of Starmer.

It’s says something about how deeply embedded the social democratic project was, and also how effectively organised the battalions of the left that emerged under Corbyn were and just how shaky its political education footings were.

And, I think this is the key point, that as we emerge into the second economic crisis of the decade that the forthcoming debate is going to be limited to how to save the orthodoxy and patch it up rather than a debate about whether or not now is the time to take a step away from it.

What’s astonishing is the rapidity with which Labour has retreated from any vestiges of a social democratic project, and has re-entered the terrain of competing to be the most effective managers of the neo-liberal orthodoxy. That’s the real achievement of the first 100 days of Starmer.

It’s says something about how deeply embedded the social democratic project was, and also how effectively organised the battalions of the left that emerged under Corbyn were and just how shaky its political education footings were.

And, I think this is the key point, that as we emerge into the second economic crisis of the decade that the forthcoming debate is going to be limited to how to save the orthodoxy and patch it up rather than to take a step away from it.
The lesson from all this ought to be reiterating the auld adage don't waste time in or indeed in the labour party

And, I think this is the key point, that as we emerge into the second economic crisis of the decade that the forthcoming debate is going to be limited to how to save the orthodoxy and patch it up rather than a debate about whether or not now is the time to take a step away from it.
it isn't astonishing at all. It is the entire history of the Labour Party and reformism. Just how bad Starmer is at it is slightly surprising, but that's all.

it isn't astonishing at all. It is the entire history of the Labour Party and reformism. Just how bad Starmer is at it is slightly surprising, but that's all.

That’s true, but I can’t think of a comparable point in its history when the shift has been so rapid and met such limited resistance.

Agreed that Starmer is bad at it.

Back
Top Bottom