Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Labour caves in on something else.

Guff there about “rural groups” and “rural voters”; this will be caving in to asset management corporations and their increasingly large farmland/countryside portfolios. The last thing they want is any need for costs associated with access to their asset class. There’s a reason that these vulture corps were filling the Manchester conference lobbies and filth like BlackRock’s Fink are lauding the “strength” of their future place man.

Labour caves in on something else.

And this sort of thing is what's going to make the ge far closer than people think. On one side you have the tories, who are incompetent racist arseholes who often do what they say, on the other the Labour party who walk back every policy pledge they make and whose leader is at least as shit as rishi sunak. Much depends on whether tory voters stay home

Guff there about “rural groups” and “rural voters”; this will be caving in to asset management corporations and their increasingly large farmland/countryside portfolios. The last thing they want is any need for costs associated with access to their asset class. There’s a reason that these vulture corps were filling the Manchester conference lobbies and filth like BlackRock’s Fink are lauding the “strength” of their future place man.
The vast majority of "rural voters" not being major landlords, and (from long experience) constantly being at risk of some prat marching up to threaten them if they take a wrong turn on a field, I reckon the idea that more land access rights would be unpopular with them is complete hokum.

Dunno about the "politically adept" stuff. I think there will come a time when more people see through Starmer. Maybe sooner rather than later thanks to the current controversy. Only slightly leading because the Tories are so despicable.
Out and about without headphones so will listen later....but people under 30 are too young to know the anagram I'm tory plan B

And this sort of thing is what's going to make the ge far closer than people think. On one side you have the tories, who are incompetent racist arseholes who often do what they say, on the other the Labour party who walk back every policy pledge they make and whose leader is at least as shit as rishi sunak. Much depends on whether tory voters stay home
Starmer has given the Tory propaganda machine a huge amount of ammunition. They haven't really started attacking him yet, but come election time we are going to hear a lot about these u-turns, broken promises, betrayals and intolerance of dissent I reckon. That they haven't done so yet is strategic - don't interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake and don't give him time to course correct.

Last edited:
That thing about Starmer checking which way the wind is blowing on a given day is very similar to what someone, I forget who, said about Johnson, before he became PM. "He'll see which way the crowd is headed, then barge his way to the front and shout 'Follow me!'."
My belief, based on several years of evidence, is that Starmer starts every day with an entirely blank mind, has it filled in the morning by advisors who tell him ehwt was on TV yesterday and what is in the morning newspapers, they then decide what he thinks today. It has no connection to anything he said or did the day before, and has no bearing at all on what he will do or say tomorrow. He effectively has no mind of his own. He is a machine for turning yesterday's mass media into sound bites. He is Mandelson's dream politician. Back in the 80s Mandelson started preaching the gospel of "perception is everything" based on the idea that the public have a memory that only extends back 8 hours or so, and that reality is recreated new every day in the media.

And, needing money to fight the legal battles against Corbyn supporters and to replace the subs and support from all the people who've resigned/been thrown out, he needs the support of big businesses.

The vast majority of "rural voters" not being major landlords, and (from long experience) constantly being at risk of some prat marching up to threaten them if they take a wrong turn on a field, I reckon the idea that more land access rights would be unpopular with them is complete hokum.

The majority of rural folk are not landowners. And those that aren't often have less space to exist in than working class city-dwellers. There's often no way to get from one village to the next without a car. No footpath, not even a road with a pavement. And the road might be 60mph so good luck riding a bike without getting killed.

Space everywhere, fields, woodland etc, but some cunt needs every scrap of it to themselves at all times. Landowners have got worse as well. When I was a kid you could exist in a sort of grey area where you could cut through any field so long as you didn't trample crops or whatever and most landowners wouldn't give you any shit. Now everything has 'private property, fuck off' signs on it and 'CCTV' signs even where there's nowhere a camera could possibly be mounted besides up a pigeon's arse or something.

People from anywhere but the UK often remark on the unique mean-spiritedness of the British countryside. The thought of Brexit putting a load of farmers out of business warms the cockles of my heart tbh. They're such a shower of miserable cunts.

Last edited:
My belief, based on several years of evidence, is that Starmer starts every day with an entirely blank mind, has it filled in the morning by advisors who tell him ehwt was on TV yesterday and what is in the morning newspapers, they then decide what he thinks today. It has no connection to anything he said or did the day before, and has no bearing at all on what he will do or say tomorrow. He effectively has no mind of his own. He is a machine for turning yesterday's mass media into sound bites. He is Mandelson's dream politician. Back in the 80s Mandelson started preaching the gospel of "perception is everything" based on the idea that the public have a memory that only extends back 8 hours or so, and that reality is recreated new every day in the media.

Sir Keir, this morning

faceless-man.jpg

He does have values of his own. He loves cops. Fucking loves cops. Hates protestors and activists, by his own admission, and loathes anything vaguely progressive far more than he gives a shit about the technocratic managed-decline neoliberal centrism which he just sees as the natural order of things.

He's shown some passion and spirit on a small handful of occasions as LOTO. Once when he was badmouthing BLM activists, again when defending his rolling back of climate change policies by attacking 'tree huggers' ie people who would quite like it if their grandkids got to live somewhere that wasn't in the sea yet.

“any change in stance now is just damage control”.

it's quite amazing how he does it.

do / say something that will piss one bunch of people off

u-turn in a way that will piss another bunch of people off

each bunch of people will remember the thing that pissed them off rather than remember the u-turn (or the original thing) and most people will remember all the u-turns.

:facepalm:

it's quite amazing how he does it.

do / say something that will piss one bunch of people off

u-turn in a way that will piss another bunch of people off

each bunch of people will remember the thing that pissed them off rather than remember the u-turn (or the original thing) and most people will remember all the u-turns.

:facepalm:
while not apologizing... "could have been handled better"

Back
Top Bottom