Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

If Keir Starmer were a holiday he'd be a chilly weekend in Cromer.

If he were a car, he'd be a grey Nissan Micra.

If he were a football match, he'd be a goalless draw on a gale-swept muddy swamp, between Swindon and MK Dons. In February.

If he were a vegetable, he'd be an arid, tasteless GM tomato hothoused in a non-place in Holland.

If he were a newspaper he'd be a silly season August Sunday Supplement in the i.

If he were legislation he'd be obscure codicils buried in the drier parts of Luxembourg's tax laws.

If he were a book, he'd be an unsold copy of Iain Duncan Smith's The Devil's Tune that had somehow escaped the pulper.

If he were an album, he'd be the Genesis comback 12" no one's waiting for.

But he'd be all that forensically.

(IDS wrote a book????)

Probably something to do with this

Israel-Palestine war: Keir Starmer supports Israel's 'right' to cut Gaza's water and power

76391897-0-We_later_learned_that_the_intruder_was_trying_to_make_a_point_ab-m-25_1696960949045.jpg

The use of starvation of a civilian population as a method of warfare is apparently prohibited under customary international law.

The Right Honourable Sir Keir Starmer KCB KC MP is - or was - a human rights lawyer.

Jum Murphy emerges from lobbyist shadows to salivate on the propsect of a "first truly private sector Labour government in history" at a Policy Exchange fringe meeting:

🤮🤮🤮

So not so much vote Labour without illusions as vote Labour without any motivations. Two cheeks of the same arse.

Lest we forget what a roaring success Murphy was as Scottish Labour leader:

'Scottish Labour will need to find its sixth leader in eight years from a small and largely inexperienced pool of potential candidates at Holyrood after losing 39 of its 40 Westminster MPs in the catastrophic defeat at the general election.'

:thumbs:

Lest we forget what a roaring success Murphy was as Scottish Labour leader:

'Scottish Labour will need to find its sixth leader in eight years from a small and largely inexperienced pool of potential candidates at Holyrood after losing 39 of its 40 Westminster MPs in the catastrophic defeat at the general election.'

:thumbs:
Did you watch the video? He acknowledges/references that himself.

Also, does anyone else find his terminology weird? Referring to Israel as "herself" rather than "itself"?

I really wish the interviewer had asked him about that. "Do you tend to refer to all countries as 'she'? Why?"

(To be fair, in Hebrew it's not generally called Israel but rather Ha'Aretz (='the land') and Eretz is a feminine noun. But I don't imagine that's why he said it)

was that during his NUS days?
Yes. When I worked in a London su he was president of nus Scotland and despite his utter absence of connection to London he came to represent the nus / garner votes at some meeting. Met him again at nus conference a year or two later, when he was nus president and confirmed my low opinion of him

was it nine years the Bold Jim spent in student politics? Only I'm told the party has no time for student politics these days yet some of its most championed voices of the people seem to have spent near life stretches at it?

Yes. When I worked in a London su he was president of nus Scotland and despite his utter absence of connection to London he came to represent the nus / garner votes at some meeting. Met him again at nus conference a year or two later, when he was nus president and confirmed my low opinion of him

Thanks - I only ask because he was NUS President when I started, and I remember reading an article of his going on about how terrible it was that students were getting into debt because of the SLC. What a surprise the rest of his career has been.

Back
Top Bottom