Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Uxbridge by-election: Keir Starmer won't say whether he backs ULEZ expansion

Sir Keir Starmer has refused to take a side in a by-election dispute over whether to expand London's Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ). Under plans from Labour mayor Sadiq Khan, the clean-air zone is set to become three times bigger from 29 August. But Labour's candidate in this month's Uxbridge by-election, Danny Beales, wants the expansion halted. In a BBC interview, the Labour leader declined to say which view he backed.

“Don’t drown them out”

I didn’t hear anyone?

No, obviously they weren't actually drowning anyone out, he was just trying to shame them for daring to interrupt. Because when you've got no argument, resort to shaming your adversary. It is 2023 after all, and he has viral clips to consider.

sir keir making speech, two students stood behind with 'what the fuck am i doing here?' look

hmm

Mr Miliband is said to have told his colleagues of the hope and change his policies would bring, receiving only a lukewarm reception from Sir Keir.

Sir Keir “thanked him for his presentation but said he wasn’t interested in hope and change”, according to a source.

The source told The Sunday Times: “He was more interested in creating sustainable new jobs to replace jobs in old sectors that were being lost. He then said he was not interested in tree huggers, before adding to everyone’s surprise, ‘In fact, I hate tree huggers’.”

Whether the quote is accurate or not, I wonder how long Miliband can survive within the revisionist Starmer clique? Will Starmer keep him on as a toothless mascot or will he be purged as the next phase of the revisionist Starmer clique's rightwing agenda?

Not Starmer exactly. but I found this quite amusing.

As Britain’s progressive party, Labour is where people turn when they believe things can get better.

Delusional.

Mr Miliband is said to have told his colleagues of the hope and change his policies would bring, receiving only a lukewarm reception from Sir Keir.

Sir Keir “thanked him for his presentation but said he wasn’t interested in hope and change”, according to a source.

The source told The Sunday Times: “He was more interested in creating sustainable new jobs to replace jobs in old sectors that were being lost. He then said he was not interested in tree huggers, before adding to everyone’s surprise, ‘In fact, I hate tree huggers’.”

Whether the quote is accurate or not, I wonder how long Miliband can survive within the revisionist Starmer clique? Will Starmer keep him on as a toothless mascot or will he be purged as the next phase of the revisionist Starmer clique's rightwing agenda?
Who needs hope and change anyway? I mean it's all going really well right now... :hmm:

Meanwhile he has started writing his own jokes according to this lightweight analysis from Kuenssberg:

Sir Keir Starmer, publicly, is not exactly known for cracking gags.

His early performances at PMQs were not full of levity, one columnist joked back then that even a smile was a collector's item.

But now, more than three years into the job, after many months ahead in the polls, one of Sir Keir's confidants tells me he is coming up with more of his own jokes.

"He wouldn't accept 'I can't do humour", they tell me, and now will increasingly suggest wisecracks rather than rely on others' lines.

It is a small, but revealing change in what insiders describe as his strict political regime, a sign of his growing ease, and "fiercely competitive" nature, a refusal ever to accept that he can't do things to get better at the job.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ah damn I've run out of rolleyes, hang on I'm going to have to go down the shop.

[chair squeaks]
[creak of feet on stairs]
[door opens]
[door slams]
[door opens]
[chair squeaks]

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oops left the door open.

[chair squeaks]
[door slams]
[chair squeaks]

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Starmer's not going to spend any money, just 'create wealth' ie. accelerate the strip-mining of national resources and working folk's pockets so a few rich cunts can get a bit richer. No hope for the disintegrating public sector, either for those working in it or those dependent on it, which is everyone.

It's all so fucking depressing.

Back
Top Bottom