Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Just been reading Guardian summary of what hes been saying today.

A few are

Planning is holding up building of houses.

Green belt should be built on ( in certain circumstances)

Growth will mean improved living standards.

Labour party is pro business.

On planning. He said he would unlike Sunak push for planning reform even if Labour MPs object. Acts like this is already decided by him. And him personally. So no debate in party there. I wonder if MPs who oppose him on this once he is in power will get whip withdrawn?

Seems to me he is setting himself up for a fight. To show how hard he is as a leader.

Planning imo opinion is part of democracy and not to be treated in this cavalier fashion. On one hand he goes on about empowering communities. Then he is slagging of those who use planning system to oppose developments. As is their right as residents who live in a community.

What he has not said today shows more. Nothing about inequality. He is saying "growth" will solve everything.

Nothing today about building social housing ( housing associations ) or Council Housing ( local authorities) Nothing about social rents.

Its what is absent from what he is saying that speaks volumes.

What he has being saying today could have been said by a liberal type Tory.

One of my Labour Cllrs assured me that he had heard Lisa Nandy saying Council housing was a priority. But Starmer says nothing about that today.

Last edited:
Just been reading Guardian summary of what hes been saying today.

A few are

Planning is holding up building of houses.

Green belt should be built on ( in certain circumstances)

Growth will mean improved living standards.

Labour party is pro business.

On planning. He said he would unlike Sunak push for planning reform even if Labour MPs object. Acts like this is already decided by him. And him personally. So no debate in party there. I wonder if MPs who oppose him on this once he is in power will get whip withdrawn?

Seems to me he is setting himself up for a fight. To show how hard he is as a leader.

Planning imo opinion is part of democracy and not to be treated in this cavalier fashion. On one hand he goes on about empowering communities. Then he is slagging of those who use planning system to oppose developments. As is their right as residents who live in a community.

What he has not said today shows more. Nothing about inequality. He is saying "growth" will solve everything.

Nothing today about building social housing ( housing associations ) or Council Housing ( local authorities) Nothing about social rents.

Its what is absent from what he is saying that speaks volumes.

What he has being saying today could have been said by a liberal type Tory.

One of my Labour Cllrs assured me that he had heard Lisa Nandy saying Council housing was a priority. But Starmer says nothing about that today.
council housing was indeed a priority. but it isn't now.

Impressive Labour fuck up ongoing in Brum

See, I agree with Starmer on this. Birmingham City Council is a disgrace. It's attacked its own workforce repeatedly (refuse workers and social care workers have been subject to attacks that even the worst Tory council would be ashamed of. 50% of jobs cut, Tory cuts passed on without thinking never mind resistance). Elsewhere the council pursues a develop led regeneration strategy which has ruined town and left the outer zones of the city completely abandoned. The poverty and disrepair in parts of the city is shameful. Any counter culture is snuffed out by the Licensing Committee which has shut down venue after venue. The useless clowns can't even rid us of the awful Andy Street. They are the epirtome of a complacent, lazy, venal, useless Labour council that treats its citizens with contempt. Not fit for purpose in any way, shape or form.

Is whoever Starmer and Co want to parachute in the answer? No. But, does the city council warrant support. Also, no.

See, I agree with Starmer on this. Birmingham City Council is a disgrace. It's attacked its own workforce repeatedly (refuse workers and social care workers have been subject to attacks that even the worst Tory council would be ashamed of. 50% of jobs cut, Tory cuts passed on without thinking never mind resistance). Elsewhere the council pursues a develop led regeneration strategy which has ruined town and left the outer zones of the city completely abandoned. The poverty and disrepair in parts of the city is shameful. Any counter culture is snuffed out by the Licensing Committee which has shut down venue after venue. The useless clowns can't even rid us of the awful Andy Street. They are the epirtome of a complacent, lazy, venal, useless Labour council that treats its citizens with contempt. Not fit for purpose in any way, shape or form.

Is whoever Starmer and Co want to parachute in the answer? No. But, does the city council warrant support. Also, no.
Shammer's 'solution' will be worse than your current affliction so once again a better position would be fuck the brum lp and fuck shammer. If you think the people of brum have been treated with contempt already you'll find shammer's lot will treat them with hitherto unseen levels of contempt in future. If you find yourself agreeing with shammer something has gone desperately wrong with your moral and political compass

Saw this No more missing records or letters lost in the post – I will bring in a totally digital NHS | Keir Starmer and read it carefully and there's no mention of 'and we will increase the nhs budget to pay for this ai and digital revolution' or even 'we will ensure the staffing crisis in the nhs ends'. It's going to be attempted on the Tory spending plans - the nhs is as safe in shammer's hands as it is in Tory ones.
It all sounds great (not really) until you consider all those people without computers, all those with mental illness, learning disabilities, dementia. The bloke's a pollock.

ETA. For 'pollock' read 'pillock'.

Back
Top Bottom