Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

He was keen to stress that Labour are the party of tax cuts and wasn’t willing to commit to taxing the rich more in case it harms growth.

Protecting growth at this point is like doing CPR on a fucking skeleton.

I really don't understand how anyone smart enough to tie their own shoes can possibly think that letting the rich take everything they want and hoping they give some of it back is ever going to create growth, when all it has ever done is the exact opposite of that. It follows that they know they're full of shit, and that their whole schtick is just about buying the patronage of the rich so they can weasel their way into power. Why even bother is the thing I don't get. Most of them could make more money for less effort as consultants or whatever. I'm sure the likes of Chuka Umunna is fucking coining it in despite having achieved nothing in politics and having about as much talent for it as a partially decomposed halibut.

The whole student fees reversal is enraging enough but the sheer incompetence of announcing it just before the local elections is breathtaking. I mean he doesn't even set out what they will do! WTF. Is this Sue Gray advising him?

The whole student fees reversal is enraging enough but the sheer incompetence of announcing it just before the local elections is breathtaking. I mean he doesn't even set out what they will do! WTF. Is this Sue Gray advising him?
Maybe in this day and age thats a vote winner hence the timing

We should we pay to make young people woke, they should pay for that their whole lives, student scum

They've undoubtedly got a whole schedule of u-turns that they don't want to have to pile up closer to a GE.

A would-be Labour councillor in Thursday’s local elections who is suing the party for identifying her as an antisemitism complainant used antisemitic slurs via an anonymous Twitter account, Novara Media understands.

In a formal complaint submitted to the party yesterday, a Jewish woman Labour member accused Julie Cattell of antisemitic and abusive behaviour. Cattell, a former Labour councillor for Brighton & Hove who lost her seat in 2019, hopes to rejoin the council tomorrow.

The complaint cited a number of Cattell’s tweets, including one from 2019 in which she describes a number of prominent Jewish figures – including formerConservative speaker of the House of Commons John Bercow, academic Noam Chomsky and actor Miriam Margolyes – as “AsaJews”.
interesting to see whether the anonymous account is linked to her.

Now isn't this genuinely surprising if he's giving the starmer policy :rolleyes:

David Lammy: "“We can't come into office, picking through all the conservative legislation and repealing it,” he said. “It would take up so much parliamentary time. We need a positive agenda."

Now isn't this genuinely surprising if he's giving the starmer policy :rolleyes:

David Lammy: "“We can't come into office, picking through all the conservative legislation and repealing it,” he said. “It would take up so much parliamentary time. We need a positive agenda."
Maybe they'll flip-flop on this like they do so much else

Of course they won't have time they'll have too much of their own anti-protest legislation to pass.

Starmer's probably rubbing his hands with glee that he can inherit such a thing.

:mad: Just cos it's our job as opposition to say we disagree with stuff, doesn't mean we mean it

Back
Top Bottom