Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

You have to be so careful with people out there. Its like walking on egg shells. So easy to offend someone.

Can you not keep saying terms like right wing please? I have never said that. I am referring to the tory party. Thank you.
That makes even less sense. There are plenty of working class people with right wing social views who would never dream of voting Tory.

Please provide some evidence that working class people vote Tory.

The Tory vote is overwhelmingly elderly homeowners and the middle class.

Those who own their home outright are most likely to vote Tory, followed by those with mortgages. Private and council tenants are more likely to vote Labour.

Please provide some evidence that working class people vote Tory.
If you think that some working class people dont vote tory then we will leave it at that. I havent known society like this in all my life. Its like walking on egg shells out there.

If you think that some working class people dont vote tory then we will leave it at that. I havent known society like this in all my life. Its like walking on egg shells out there.

Trying to be charitable here - if you're struggling with this stuff then fine but I'd take it somewhere other than the politics forum and don't try and relate it to some wider theory. You're just digging a hole here.

Trying to be charitable here - if you're struggling with this stuff then fine but I'd take it somewhere other than the politics forum and don't try and relate it to some wider theory. You're just digging a hole here.
pjimage-17-1-768w-1.jpg

Struggling isnt the word. Every day is a huge struggle. The poor always cop for it. We shall see at the next GE. I predict the tories will get in again. This is my concern.

It could be. No-one has defined what in the hell a gammon is. Maybe they all like ham, egg and chips for lunch.
(TBF, maybe someone did in the past 4 pages. I saw the argument kicking off 5 pages back and skipped ahead. I'm sure I missed nothing of value.)
Working class gammons put white pepper on their ham, egg and chips

I’m sure that you feel like it’s walking on eggshells in here too.

There is a common denominator, of course.

I’m sure that you feel like it’s walking on eggshells in here too.

There is a common denominator, of course.
Erm, yes, it can be like that, because there are so many different types of people. If you say something they dont like, and it can be a small thing, you sometimes get posts attempting to mock you. I am sure we all have experienced that.

Firstly, I was asking who said it or wrote it, you know like checkable source?

Secondly, read what you've just written and ask yourself 'why on earth did I choose to do that?'

Cheers - Louis MacNeice
I was interested in it as it references the wish for a larger government, which seems odd for left-wing. It was referenced near the top of the pile on a Google search, cant remember the exact source.

I don't think that, I know it...

I don't know where you are from exactly but have you ever considered that your personal experience might not be totally representative?

I don't know where you are from exactly but have you ever considered that your personal experience might not be totally representative?

There is, in any case, no singular “personal experience” that exists as an objective, factual, context-free account of reality. Experience is constructed through a mental model of reality that comes to the events that comprise the experience with a preformed set of assumptions, expectations, history, identity etc etc. Those events are interpreted by a mind that has to make narrative sense of them using its preformed representations of reality. Two people can live through the exact same event and come away with wildly different understandings of it. To say that “this is true because it is my experience of it” is just silly.

Back
Top Bottom