Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Jesus wept ...
Can they get a new leader in time ?
They could, but they all believe in Starmervision.

Of course the quality of that leader would be the real issue. Even though I dislike her politics, Yvette Cooper has been pretty good at exposing Braverman at the despatch box (as far as anyone can in the current media climate I suppose).

They could, but they all believe in Starmervision.

Of course the quality of that leader would be the real issue. Even though I dislike her politics, Yvette Cooper has been pretty good at exposing Braverman at the despatch box (as far as anyone can in the current media climate I suppose).
I've not any more faith in Cooper than I do in Starmer. The bottom fell out of the barrel a long time ago and we're scraping the pavement under it.

Two things strike me as noteworthy about this.

1) Starmer politics like the lawyer he is.
2) There is no mention of Corbyn's response to the EHRC report which was the impetus for withdrawing the whip in the first place. Blocking a former leader from standing as an MP for losing a general election is unprecedented I believe. The right's hegemony is complete enough to do this sort of thing without any pretences now.

2) There is no mention of Corbyn's response to the EHRC report which was the impetus for withdrawing the whip in the first place. Blocking a former leader from standing as an MP for losing a general election is unprecedented I believe. The right's hegemony is complete enough to do this sort of thing without any pretences now.

It's almost like it's not the real reason or something... :hmm:

Shammer is persuaded he can win if he eradicates corbyn from the record. But his poll lead isn't down to him but down to disgust with the tories. In his campaign I wouldn't be surprised if shammer manages to seize defeat from the jaws of victory as he is a particularly odious person. If rayner or dare i say corbyn was leader now, they'd enjoy higher poll ratings

Shammer is persuaded he can win if he eradicates corbyn from the record. But his poll lead isn't down to him but down to disgust with the tories. In his campaign I wouldn't be surprised if shammer manages to seize defeat from the jaws of victory as he is a particularly odious person. If rayner or dare i say corbyn was leader now, they'd enjoy higher poll ratings

Starmer's strategy, as I see it, is to not give conservative reaction anything to react against allowing would be Tory voters to stay at home in protest at the state of their party of preference. Corbyn got the Labour vote out but also I think the Tory vote.

Though, Starmer is dreadful of course even from a soft social democratic pov.

Back
Top Bottom