Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

We will see whether its mutable at the next general election. The tories will get in again. This country is eating itself.
your reality has changed somewhat over the course of the past couple of hours so fuck knows what it'll look like in a week or a year

i'm not denying - indeed i've said it's quite possible - that the tory party will win. but that's based on objective reality rather than your peculiarly idiosyncratic take on reading tea leaves

your reality has changed somewhat over the course of the past couple of hours so fuck knows what it'll look like in a week or a year

i'm not denying - indeed i've said it's quite possible - that the tory party will win. but that's based on objective reality rather than your peculiarly idiosyncratic take on reading tea leaves
My talk of the working class I meet is spot on.

See, I am meeting low paid working class. Not the lowest ones whom are really struggling. I tell the truth wherever I can. Heres another truth that you may scoff at if it doesnt suit you. I prefer being with the middle class people. I feel like I belong there, they are nice people. But then, thats because they have money and dont have to worry every day like some working class people.

It could be. No-one has defined what in the hell a gammon is. Maybe they all like ham, egg and chips for lunch.
(TBF, maybe someone did in the past 4 pages. I saw the argument kicking off 5 pages back and skipped ahead. I'm sure I missed nothing of value.)
Third time Ive posted it now. This is from wiki

Gammon is a pejorative popularised in British political culture since around 2012. The term refers in particular to the colour of a person's flushed face when expressing their strong opinions, as compared to the type of pork of the same name.

See I was using the term tongue in cheek, but as an idea of how some people I meet are. However when its in a posting / text environment some people start making a big thing out of it, rather than the theme I was putting across about how some people are.

Third time Ive posted it now. This is from wiki

Gammon is a pejorative popularised in British political culture since around 2012. The term refers in particular to the colour of a person's flushed face when expressing their strong opinions, as compared to the type of pork of the same name.
Pickman's certainly right if that's what you're going on.

I know a lot of people who are low paid working class and they are always proud in their tone to announce that they are Conservative voters. They look down on people who vote Labour as being below them and as though they are scroungers and not as good as them. These are low paid people! They make jokes about Labour supporters.

You arent able to hold a discourse for long without posting silly personal remarks.
rewind to your bollocks about punch and judy and hand me an apology pls. you clearly hold yourself to a different standard than that you expect from other people, and not a higher one either

I dread to think where this strange logic leaves people who are out of work and on benefits.
Listen, you keep making posts that I cant understand what you are talking about. People that are out of work and on benefits? I havent mentioned them. I have posted several times for, it was maybe yourself, that I am not referring to those who are really struggling. Of course I am not referring to them.

Listen, you keep making posts that I cant understand what you are talking about. People that are out of work and on benefits? I havent mentioned them. I have posted several times for, it was maybe yourself, that I am not referring to those who are really struggling. Of course I am not referring to them.
you've as much to say about people out of work, and people on benefits, that's worth hearing as you do about people in work.

rewind to your bollocks about punch and judy and hand me an apology pls. you clearly hold yourself to a different standard than that you expect from other people, and not a higher one either
See, you start this sort of thing often, and it lets you down. I am not being angry, I was pointing it out about your post. I can tell you, my life is very hard and I deal with such things on a daily basis. You have made a few comments about me, it doesnt bother me.

See, you start this sort of thing often, and it lets you down. I am not being angry, I was pointing it out about your post. I can tell you, my life is very hard and I deal with such things on a daily basis. You have made a few comments about me, it doesnt bother me.
i'm not angry. i'm not even disappointed. i'm just sad you've let yourself down, again, and shown yourself to be a fraud and a hypocrite

you've as much to say about people out of work, and people on benefits, that's worth hearing as you do about people in work.
People on benefits? and out of work? I dont meet many of those as I work all the time, and little else. I have been putting across about the working class with jobs, with a view to getting across that they still wont be voting labour. I am trying to put across the mentality of them, in terms of voting and how they are.

People on benefits? and out of work? I dont meet many of those as I work all the time, and little else. I have been putting across about the working class with jobs, with a view to getting across that they still wont be voting labour. I am trying to put across the mentality of them, in terms of voting and how they are.
yes, you've been very trying

When I was a kid, we had very little. When we went to school most of us were very poor. There would always be one or two who came in bragging about their parents new cars or what have you, trying to make themselves look better than the rest of us. We used to call them " greedy gets" when they started. Greed was hated. Today its the opposite, and even from low paid people. Not good at all.

When I was a kid, we had very little. When we went to school most of us were very poor. There would always be one or two who came in bragging about their parents new cars or what have you, trying to make themselves look better than the rest of us. We used to call them " greedy gets" when they started. Greed was hated. Today its the opposite, and even from low paid people. Not good at all.
wall street entirely passed you by

I used to go to school and I had cereal for breakfast and then I didnt eat all day until I got home for tea.

I know a lot of people who are low paid working class and they are always proud in their tone to announce that they are Conservative voters. They look down on people who vote Labour as being below them and as though they are scroungers and not as good as them. These are low paid people! They make jokes about Labour supporters.

This can vary depending on the region. It isn't uniform.

Essex is full of working class Tories who sold their London council house and moved out. Working class people in places like South Yorkshire, South Wales, Tyneside, Glasgow or Merseyside have very different lived experiences however.

Places like Essex are actually the exception rather than the norm I would say.

Back
Top Bottom