Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Look at the way the Unions have had their power stripped. They have little power to what they once had. People have allowed that. It is how people are.

Look at the way the Unions have had their power stripped. They have little power to what they once had. People have allowed that. It is how people are.
Given conversations to date, I’m not convinced you’re qualified to make definitive statements on “how people are”

You’re reproducing the reified, homogenous categories of “Asian people” and “black people” and approving of assigned characteristics to those categories, which are associated with acquiescence and compliance to your personal needs. This is not the boon that you think it is.
I told you what I experience, and that is what I experience. You rather I lie to fit what you prefer.

You all seem to have trouble with what I am getting at. You are fixated on the word gammon.
Because you used it in several posts.

Anyone who doesnt agree that most of the working class are gammons is fine with me. I know what I think. It isnt something I like, but it is something I have seen throughout my life. There are also a lot of gammons who pretend they arent gammons, but you see what they are eventually. Why do you think Corbyn wasnt popular with the majority of potential Labour voters? The point I am putting across is that if Starmer doesnt go more to the right then Labour aint getting in. Again I am not saying that I think he should do that, I am saying that, to me, Labour is doomed.

In the interests of the truth, from what I see out there in the real world, the vast majority of the working class ARE gammons. I have to work with them. And those that say they arent a gammon, they very often are, as you find out along the line. We cannot disregard this fact because we dont like it. So, like it or not, Labour, seemingly is doomed. Dont shoot the messenger.

Those are interesting thoughts. I am not knowledgable in political systems to that degree, so I cannot possibly form an opinion on that. But it is an interesting concept.

What I see out there in the world is a mass of working class gammons. Of the working class people I have met, few are not.

It's not unreasonable to ask what you mean by it.

My point with the working class people on low wages getting huge loans for things that they do not need and leading to them becoming horrible to others because they have to pay their loans off is entirely valid. I am expressing a revulsion for greed, which is common, and the results of it which make me dislike greed. Not all working class do this. Most have common sense. A lot of anger and nastiness at work stems from their moods because of the positions they have put themselves in. It also causes them to be aggressive towards others at work in terms of trying to rise on the ladder for more money.

How old were you during the miners strike? The word allowed is doing an absolutely fuck ton of lifting there.

Louis MacNeice
Yes I understand that. I was young when all that happened. ( thatcher with her greed is good thing also ). However, why didnt people vote them out to stop them killing the unions? This is what I am getting at. They didnt, and when Labour got in which wasnt and isnt often, they didnt give it back to the unions. It is a reality.

My point with the working class people on low wages getting huge loans for things that they do not need and leading to them becoming horrible to others because they have to pay their loans off is entirely valid. I am expressing a revulsion for greed, which is common, and the results of it which make me dislike greed. Not all working class do this. Most have common sense. A lot of anger and nastiness at work stems from their moods because of the positions they have put themselves in. It also causes them to be aggressive towards others at work in terms of trying to rise on the ladder for more money.
Most of the working class have common sense, but are "gammons" - what does this mean?

Is your whole big point here just 'some working class people are twats?'

Most of the working class have common sense, but are "gammons" - what does this mean?
I already googled gammons definition and posted it. Here it is again from wiki.
Gammon is a pejorative popularised in British political culture since around 2012. The term refers in particular to the colour of a person's flushed face when expressing their strong opinions, as compared to the type of pork of the same name.

Yes I understand that. I was young when all that happened. ( thatcher with her greed is good thing also ). However, why didnt people vote them out to stop them killing the unions? This is what I am getting at. They didnt, and when Labour got in which wasnt and isnt often, they didnt give it back to the unions. It is a reality.
You say 'yes I understand that' and then go on to show that you really really don't.

Have a think about and a dig into how our parliamentary system works; both in terms of the electoral system and the representation of economic and social interests between those elections.

Once you have had a go at that you could usefully turn your attention to the role of media - broadcast, mass and social - in constructing and promoting acceptable and unacceptable political narratives, including their subjects such as the greedy white working class and militant trade unions.

It's tricky and time consuming stuff but it would really help you in the long run.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

I already googled gammons definition and posted it. Here it is again from wiki.
Gammon is a pejorative popularised in British political culture since around 2012. The term refers in particular to the colour of a person's flushed face when expressing their strong opinions, as compared to the type of pork of the same name.

So what did you mean by it? Before you got the definition you looked up above I mean. Is it just what you call white working class people?

Is your whole big point here just 'some working class people are twats?'
It is to put across how people are. It is getting worse. I will say another thing that is very real in my world, and that is that virtually none of them that I met wanted Corbyn. The tories are getting away with all sorts of scandals. They will get voted in again, next time.

You say 'yes I understand that' and then go on to show that you really really don't.

Have a think about and a dig into how our parliamentary system works; both in terms of the electoral system and the representation of economic and social interests between those elections.

Once you have had a go at that you could usefully turn your attention to the role of media - broadcast, mass and social - in constructing and promoting acceptable and unacceptable political narratives, including their subjects such as the greedy white working class and militant trade unions.

It's tricky and time consuming stuff but it would really help you in the long run.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice
Nope. Successive governments have done nothing about it. They have continually chipped away at them. This is a reality. It aint changing.

If you sit on a table with white working class people you will see that almost all of them are not what you think they are.

Back
Top Bottom