Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

See, there you go again, extrapolating the whole class from a parochial view of those you perceive as "gammons". In my city, it would be unimaginable for my elected MP to be anything other than Labour. I just wouldn't use that as a basis for assessing Labour's fortunes across the whole country. You appear to live and work amongst an enclave of right wing people. That doesn't mean everywhere else is the same.
I just googled gammon, and got this definition.
Gammon is a pejorative popularised in British political culture since around 2012. The term refers in particular to the colour of a person's flushed face when expressing their strong opinions, as compared to the type of pork of the same name.

I am referring to white people, I am referring to working class gammons. Not all full on gammons, some are passive gammons lol. I am a white person. I shall say this. I have never had the slightest bit of trouble with Asians or Black people etc. All the people that I get trouble with in regards to bullying and what have you, are white people.
The only people I have ever had trouble with at work, with regards to bullying and what have you, have been blokes, some of them in some degree of management.

I am referring to white people, I am referring to working class gammons. Not all full on gammons, some are passive gammons lol. I am a white person. I shall say this. I have never had the slightest bit of trouble with Asians or Black people etc. All the people that I get trouble with in regards to bullying and what have you, are white people.
You have a gammon scale??? :eek:

You've never met a reactionary Black or Asian person? You might like to know that they have one or two in the current far right government.

You have a gammon scale??? :eek:

You've never met a reactionary Black or Asian person? You might like to know that they have one or two in the current far right government.
I havent met any. Not saying they dont exist. When I say gammon I am not meaning right wing particularly.

so white people cause you problems, is that what you're saying? what sort of problems?
Bullying, sexist remarks, revenge for standing up for myself. Mocking other types of people in my presence and so implicating me as being of that mindset also. I could list lots.

Well then, you havent seen much of what I see.
No, of course we all have different experiences in life, and those experiences help to shape our political outlook. I was just highlighting that my experiences have been different to yours. That does not invalidate your experiences, but it should make us wary of making too great an extrapolation from them. You may have been unlucky or analysed things differently.

No, of course we all have different experiences in life, and those experiences help to shape our political outlook. I was just highlighting that my experiences have been different to yours. That does not invalidate your experiences, but it should make us wary of making too great an extrapolation from them. You may have been unlucky or analysed things differently.
What I am getting at in these posts is that it is the people who change political systems and not political parties. From what I see of the working class, it aint happening. Look at whats going on in the tory government. We all know its scandalous. Yet, they will get voted in again. You all know its true.

Back
Top Bottom