Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

I think that some people need to understand the term " working class ". I know what the working class is. Can someone tell me the definition? It is easier to explain what is working class by defining a person whom isnt working class.

I think that some people need to understand the term " working class ". I know what the working class is. Can someone tell me the definition? It is easier to explain what is working class by defining a person whom isnt working class.
if you know what working class is then perhaps you should give us the definition so we're all on the same page

if you know what working class is then perhaps you should give us the definition so we're all on the same page
Seeing as you didnt offer a definition I will. A non working class person is a person whom if they chose to not go to work again, they may do so as they already have the means to live without having to work. A working class person may not decide not to work as they have to go to work to pay for their living.

So the working class person whom has to go to work to earn a living and has no choice over that, they get loans for things they dont have to have and that cause them to have less money after deductions and to work longer hours. They then become árseholes to others. They dont need two cars. They are on low wages. Now, while society is like this, where people have put themselves up to their eyeballs in debt then society aint going to change because they are slaves to money.

So the working class person whom has to go to work to earn a living and has no choice over that, they get loans for things they dont have to have and that cause them to have less money after deductions and to work longer hours. They then become árseholes to others. They dont need two cars. They are on low wages. Now, while society is like this, where people have put themselves up to their eyeballs in debt then society aint going to change because they are slaves to money.
oh right, loans never cover essentials. are you sure?

Almost everyone I ever meet is working class.
Then almost everyone you meet is a gammon as well?

If every working class person is a gammon, then why is that in the poorer Council wards round where I live (Newcastle) the Tories struggle to reach double figures, while they tend to do better in the posher wards? Surely it should be the other way around according to you.

Indeed - please answer the question
What work do you do?
How do you know the class of the people you meet through work?
How many do you get into political conversations with?
I dont say what work I do. You should understand that. All the people I know are working class as they have no choice but to go to work. If I told you the things that they say politically you wouldnt like it.

oh right, loans never cover essentials. are you sure?
I am referring to loans for things they do not need and that cost a lot of money. I am not referring to people who are struggling to survive. I refer to people who work but are on low wages, yet buy things on finance that are very expensive and that they do not need. Greed and arrogance.

I am referring to loans for things they do not need and that cost a lot of money. I am not referring to people who are struggling to survive. I refer to people who work but are on low wages, yet buy things on finance that are very expensive and that they do not need. Greed and arrogance.
you're all over the fucking shop and not in a good way

you're all over the fucking shop and not in a good way
If you cannot understand what it is I am talking about then you are being awkward. Now, the reasons I highlighted a tiny bit of what I did was to explain that my opinion is, that the Labour party, as society is, is not going to get voted in. The tories will get in again.

To be fair, the term "gammon" doesn't refer to class but is more about the right wing mindset. Admittedly, some people do use it in an anti-working class way but I don't think that's general usage.
I am referring to white people, I am referring to working class gammons. Not all full on gammons, some are passive gammons lol. I am a white person. I shall say this. I have never had the slightest bit of trouble with Asians or Black people etc. All the people that I get trouble with in regards to bullying and what have you, are white people.

If you cannot understand what it is I am talking about then you are being awkward. Now, the reasons I highlighted a tiny bit of what I did was to explain that my opinion is, that the Labour party, as society is, is not going to get voted in. The tories will get in again.
i understand what you're talking about. i understand that you're shifting your position. i understand you don't really understand what you're talking about. your argument about the tories not getting in again seems to rest on labour being in some way left wing. they're really not, as you'd know if you bothered to read the thread. there are reasons the labour party are less likely to win the next election. but you don't refer to any of them.

i understand what you're talking about. i understand that you're shifting your position. i understand you don't really understand what you're talking about. your argument about the tories not getting in again seems to rest on labour being in some way left wing. they're really not, as you'd know if you bothered to read the thread. there are reasons the labour party are less likely to win the next election. but you don't refer to any of them.
In a long winded way, what I am trying to put across is that the way that people are today, then the political system and those who keep winning elections isnt going to change.

See, there you go again, extrapolating the whole class from a parochial view of those you perceive as "gammons". In my city, it would be unimaginable for my elected MP to be anything other than Labour. I just wouldn't use that as a basis for assessing Labour's fortunes across the whole country. You appear to live and work amongst an enclave of right wing people. That doesn't mean everywhere else is the same.

Back
Top Bottom