Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

I applaud the Tory Party for finding out that it is wrong for senior civil servants and politicians to make decisions and then go and be employed at organizations that benefited from those decisions. I will await with great interest their legislation to ban this practice.

Am I the only person to think it's an own goal by Starmer?
No, I'm with you. Considering the multiple lawbreaking BJ undertook was about to come centre stage again, thanks to the privileges report, the appointment didn't really do much to put the issue centre stage again and its just given the tosspots an obvious excuse for dismissing the report. The dumb fucker could have waited at least month or two.

No, I'm with you. Considering the multiple lawbreaking BJ undertook was about to come centre stage again, thanks to the privileges report, the appointment didn't really do much to put the issue centre stage again and its just given the tosspots an obvious excuse for dismissing the report. The dumb fucker could have waited at least month or two.
Exactly, zero political nous.

original-17375-1424188149-3.jpg

“How would you respond to the critique that the Labour Party has moved too far and abandoned its traditional left wing views?” asked one student.
He replied: “I totally reject that. I tell you, for why, I grew up in a working class family.

My dad was a toolmaker who worked in a factory, my mum was a nurse and I know what matters for working-class families and that is to have a government that completely understands their aspirations, their desires, to have a better future for their children.”

He's gonna have 'Son of a Toolmaker' written on his tombstone.

“How would you respond to the critique that the Labour Party has moved too far and abandoned its traditional left wing views?” asked one student.
He replied: “I totally reject that. I tell you, for why, I grew up in a working class family.

My dad was a toolmaker who worked in a factory, my mum was a nurse and I know what matters for working-class families and that is to have a government that completely understands their aspirations, their desires, to have a better future for their children.”

He's gonna have 'Son of a Toolmaker' written on his tombstone.
His dad certainly helped to make a tool.

Apparently Sue Gray will soon be setting out the timetable for her recruitment because she might be broken rules on moving from the civil service to a political party.

Messy. Also completely obvious and avoidable.
I desperately hope that somehow it was a political strategy ... :hmm:

Keir Starmer has refused to say when he first approached Sue Gray to become his chief of staff, saying only that they had no contact while she was holding an inquiry into Downing Street parties and that “nothing improper at all” had happened.
:rolleyes:

The kids in the Starmer photo look less than enthused to be honest, perhaps they were in detention and this was their penance.

Agree entirely, in fact I came to the thread to say something similar. And whilst she may well be a good manager/administrator, it's not obvious what the advantage in doing this is. Whilst the job is chief of staff, I thought they tended to appoint venal ferrets, ready for a bit of ducking and diving, rather than code following ex civil servants.

About as much as the tories did in opposition to themselves. Fuck all. I wish we had real politicians not these pretend ones.

Agree entirely, in fact I came to the thread to say something similar. And whilst she may well be a good manager/administrator, it's not obvious what the advantage in doing this is. Whilst the job is chief of staff, I thought they tended to appoint venal ferrets, ready for a bit of ducking and diving, rather than code following ex civil servants.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that they appointed her solely because she had name recognition, to try and demonstrate that Labour are a serious party of etc etc etc. That it might blow up in their face probably no more occurred to them than any of the other things that have blown up in their faces already, or will in the future.

Back
Top Bottom