Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Fucking useless Starmer.

He was never going to nationalise energy companies, but the originally announced policy of setting up a government owned energy company was, on his terms, a solid Blairite plan, the sort of thing Brown would come up with. Working within the capitalist system to deliver a slightly better deal for people while not spooking the markets and leaving it wide open to be easily reversed if a future government decided to privatise the thing. By having a government owned energy company it could've undercut other energy companies by not being required to maximise profits, any profits would've gone to the treasury, providing stability as it'd be underwritten by the state and likely to grow to dominate the energy market. Not my idea of a solution to the energy crisis, but as good as we could hope for from the current version of Labour.

But no. Even that's too radical for Starmer, the pointless blank space.

I just finished watching it.

I found it oddly cathartic, as, I suspect, did some of those participating (except perhaps that poor guy who was reduced to tears by it all).
The teary guy was the barrister struck of for lying.

Here what comes?
Bob from Brockley (amongst others) seems to have an awful lot of receipts.
I know, and I'm referring to the inevitable (given Al Jazeera's reputation) backlash against this documentary.

If that backlash is accurate then I want to know whether i've just wasted four hours watching this shit. I mean, if Chris Williamson had turned up in one of those vidoes i'd have switched it off immediately. On the other hand, and while I'm no fan of the guy, I wouldn't have lumped Peter Oborne in with the likes of Chris. The rest of those involved I don't recognise, bar a brief mention of Jackie Walker, and I'm not convinced her case is genuine antisemitism (it could be). This whole thing is just an ongoing shit show which is why I said I found it exhausting. So here it comes = the dismal readjusting of expectations. The party does seem utterly dysfuynctional and determined to offer nothing of substance, despite the presence of bad faith or ignorant actors from the populist left.

I had the same reaction when I came across the "Not the Andrew Marr" Youtube channel which seemed at first blush interesting and engaging. Ordinary labour members and ex members talking stuff from a left perspective. Then I watched a debate between an Alliance for Workers LIbrty (some guy called Pete iirc) and Chris Williamson who spent the entire time making egregiously pro Putin talking points. I switched off in disgust.

I know, and I'm referring to the inevitable (given Al Jazeera's reputation) backlash against this documentary.

If that backlash is accurate then I want to know whether i've just wasted four hours watching this shit. I mean, if Chris Williamson had turned up in one of those vidoes i'd have switched it off immediately. On the other hand, and while I'm no fan of the guy, I wouldn't have lumped Peter Oborne in with the likes of Chris. The rest of those involved I don't recognise, bar a brief mention of Jackie Walker, and I'm not convinced her case is genuine antisemitism (it could be). This whole thing is just an ongoing shit show which is why I said I found it exhausting. So here it comes = the dismal readjusting of expectations. The party does seem utterly dysfuynctional and determined to offer nothing of substance, despite the presence of bad faith or ignorant actors from the populist left.

I had the same reaction when I came across the "Not the Andrew Marr" Youtube channel which seemed at first blush interesting and engaging. Ordinary labour members and ex members talking stuff from a left perspective. Then I watched a debate between an Alliance for Workers LIbrty (some guy called Pete iirc) and Chris Williamson who spent the entire time making egregiously pro Putin talking points. I switched off in disgust.
Yeah, I get you. :( I haven't made my mind up whether to watch it yet.

Not so much about Starmer but more about the whole ethos of the Labour party as it stands now, towards the end it even briefly mentions the Labour files, something which has largely been ignored by a lot of other major media outlets:

Last edited:
He's a big football fan and has been for years.

Suspect he was a bit bamboozled by the phrasing of the question though as Saka doesn't really play 'up front' in the traditional sense, usually playing out wide on the wing, albeit alongside an out and out striker like Kane.

Tried to over think it I reckon.

He's a big football fan and has been for years.

Suspect he was a bit bamboozled by the phrasing of the question though as Saka doesn't really play 'up front' in the traditional sense, usually playing out wide on the wing, albeit alongside an out and out striker like Kane.

Tried to over think it I reckon.
Nah. He pretends to be a big football fan and has done for years.

But, yes, "who would you play him with" is also not a question written by a football fan.

I see Sam Tarry has been deselected, another great lesson in 'this is how you do it' for the Labour left, who can now presumably expect to see a load more of the campaign group out on their ear.

Nah Starmer is actually a football fan, before he was labour leader i once saw him in a pub near the Emirates on matchday

I see Sam Tarry has been deselected, another great lesson in 'this is how you do it' for the Labour left, who can now presumably expect to see a load more of the campaign group out on their ear.
Don’t think you can really draw such a conclusion from this case. His selection for 2019 was a bit dodgy. The selected candidate would have walked the nomination three years ago if he hadn’t been barred.

Still shit, but Tarry shouldn’t find it hard to find another seat.

Reactions: Chz
Back
Top Bottom