Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Rather amusing to see 'too left wing', and 'too right wing' tied on 4%.

Bizarrely cautious, and embarrassing bandwagon jumping, all under the same hair...

Fucking hell, have we had this one?

Still, the Conservatives have been so generous to healthcare workers since 2019, it's hard to see how Labour could possibly compete with that.

I would like to know the methodology behind that survey.

Nursing Notes appears to be a bit of a one man band. Undertaking a poll of 1843 people is a big undertaking and there is no indication of how it was carried out.

The website has no ‘about us’ section either. Doesn’t seem keen on Labour, though isn’t keen on giving pandemic credit to the Government either.

He hasn't any vision. He's not going waving, he's drowning. And the most sickening thing about it is the labour NEC refuse to put him out of our misery
It's the same spiel he came out with when he took over. a year and half later and literally nothing.

Throughout all that intervening time, all the Tory sleaze and death, and here we are right back at the beginning

Not a fan of Marina Hyde, but I thought this paragraph in her latest totally nails it.

Increasingly, Labour’s stated mission to rekindle with its lost heartlands feels a bit maudlin and entitled. It’s got the flavour of one of those stories where a man sets up a piano beneath his ex-girlfriend’s window and vows to play it until she gets back with him. Journalists who don’t really get it cover the story with headlines like “The last romantic”. All normal women who read it are just thinking: I know exactly what kind of guy he is. I hope she and her new boyfriend will eventually be able to relax in witness protection.

Even taking those answers at face value, the "bold vision" is to "learn lessons"? That's bold, is it? The sort of thing you'd expect from a 6-year old who has been bullying their younger sibling? Bold?

:rolleyes: :facepalm:
Same thing the likes of Nandy ran a whole leadership campaign on. "We're shit, sorry, we can change, we know we don't deserve you".

Or Barnard Castle

closest he got to that particular open goal :

30453134-8494973-image-a-8_1594052118306.jpg

taken in Brewdog's LONDON brewery

And what happened when Starmer took over?

The guy's a spineless fucking disaster.

I didn't want to be right when I binned my membership when Starmer took over, but I was. I think the whole thing has left my whole family more disillusioned than me - my parents have been members as long as I can remember. I, on the other hand was 17 in 1997 and would have voted for Blair, I then watched as they (slowly) betrayed everything I stood for and sold my generation down the river. I joined, last of my family to do so (my brother joined somewhen in the 2010s, with Corbyn, but always cynical.

Let down again.

Perhaps I have rose tinted spectacles. But even at the height of New Labour I didn't despise the party like I do now. It was impossible not to have grudging respect for the efficient machine Blair and co built. And I pretty much grew up in a Labour Club, I was delivering leaflets as soon as I could walk. But now I'm left with such cold fury at how dreadful these people are and their bland patronising nothingness. So glad I was away this week and missed the ballot box tbh.

Perhaps I have rose tinted spectacles. But even at the height of New Labour I didn't despise the party like I do now. It was impossible not to have grudging respect for the efficient machine Blair and co built. And I pretty much grew up in a Labour Club, I was delivering leaflets as soon as I could walk. But now I'm left with such cold fury at how dreadful these people are and their bland patronising nothingness. So glad I was away this week and missed the ballot box tbh.
it's just because we almost had the lot, and they fucked it.

I would like to know the methodology behind that survey.

Nursing Notes appears to be a bit of a one man band. Undertaking a poll of 1843 people is a big undertaking and there is no indication of how it was carried out.

The website has no ‘about us’ section either. Doesn’t seem keen on Labour, though isn’t keen on giving pandemic credit to the Government either.
No about us section as such, but here's their "transparency statements":
And editorial team:

If their mission is just to act as a voice for nurses then not being particularly keen on either Labour or tories makes sense imo.

The main issues with Blair were Iraq and PFI.

He also wasn't thinking long term about how to keep Labour relevant or appeal to wider voters. Keeping areas in managed decline and massively dumping immigrants in specific areas with no increase in amenities or services.

The left behinds of vote leave myth and ukip all could have been handheld by Blair.

No about us section as such, but here's their "transparency statements":
And editorial team:

If their mission is just to act as a voice for nurses then not being particularly keen on either Labour or tories makes sense imo.

Fair do’s.

Back
Top Bottom