Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

Might be worth remembering that it was the membership who pushed for a second referendum at conference and it was the membership who gave Starmer the job , by some distance. Admittedly Starmer lied in his campaign for leader, but his credentials were there to see.

It would be interesting to know what the membership think at this point

Might be worth remembering that it was the membership who pushed for a second referendum at conference and it was the membership who gave Starmer the job , by some distance. Admittedly Starmer lied in his campaign for leader, but his credentials were there to see.

No denying that the membership was pro second referendum but who ran the second referendum campaign?

I think we're all seeing that aren't we?

What the membership thinks of Starmer.

Anti-Starmer Corbynites do not equal the membership. My impression is Corbynites were about half the membership at peak. Tens of thousands are no longer members. Membership polling about Starmer was 50% positive not that long ago. Curious what it is now.
Dont quote me on any of those figures

Problem is Starmer won't resign because the real issue, IMO, is who he's listening to. The first thing his advisers and backers will tell him to do is not listen to the left. Don't listen to Novara/Owne Jones and for god's sake do not let Jeremy Corbyn back into the party. So they will calcify into further polarisation.

Anyway I'm off to cook an omelette.

Problem is Starmer won't resign because the real issue, IMO, is who he's listening to. The first thing his advisers and backers will tell him to do is not listen to the left. Don't listen to Novara/Owne Jones and for god's sake do not let Jeremy Corbyn back into the party. So they will calcify into further polarisation.

Please don’t tell Sir Keith about your omelette. He’ll turn it into a shit metaphor.

Surely you would still vote for Sir Keir over Boris? I would choke a little on my own vomit while doing so, mind.

I think it’s a bit of an easier decision in an election like this… GE I might have nose-held, though in all honesty I probably wouldn’t have. Harder choice if my area wasn’t safe Labour, with a middle of the road mp. Thing is Starmer has been fucking awful on every level… that needed to have consequences for him. The wrong messages will be drawn, but fuck it. And fuck him.

Forgot about the whole voluntary donation to Labour through your union subscription thing. Contacted my union rep and told them to untick. :cool:

Remind me what happened to Labour's membership numbers when Corbyn was leader?

Back
Top Bottom