Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

I have almost no free time today, left the house at 5.45am and won't be home until 7.30pm, but I'm still going to drag myself to the polling booth to vote for Annie Onebutlabour.

Surely you would still vote for Sir Keir over Boris? I would choke a little on my own vomit while doing so, mind.

If it looked like genuinely being neck and neck and I thought there was a possibility my vote might help shift Johnson then I might hold my nose and vote for Starmer. That not being the case though I'm not adding my tiny little piece of validation to Labour in their current state. I'm not voting for the lesser of two evils to get a bit less of a kicking.

Saw something from somewhere (is that specific enough for you?) about an "unnamed Midlands MP" doing the rounds sounding out support in the PLP for a challenge after these results are in .

Blatantly Jess Phillips

Angela Raynor would be the obvious candidate - working class, good people skills, witty, popular, good communicator and with an eye catching back story - a perfect riposte to posh, elite johnson in a way starmer could never be. Leftish without being as scary as Jezza. Surprised she didnt go for it last time. She's also driven and ambitious - so wouldn't be at all surprised if we see close associates of her briefing against kieth in the near future.
I honestly thought last time would be Rayner / Long Bailey as leader/deputy.

Back
Top Bottom