Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Keir Starmer's time is up

In Unite part of your subs goes into the political fund. You have to actively opt out of the affiliation to Labour part of the fund. I opted out for years but then went back in to vote for Corbyn. Where a member ‘opts out’ the subs remain the same but the money is used for non LP political campaigning. Not sure how it works in other unions.
Boring point: the Unite subs do reduce if you opt out.

it's cowardly focus group politics

they don't want to be seen as supporting tory policies, but they don't want the 'labour soft on law and order / terrorists / criminals' bollocks that the tories and their friends in the press will come out with if they vote against it

Focus group politics worked for the Blair/Mandelson axis, because it asked a few difficult questions, alongside all the rimming of capitalism. Starmer's focus grouping STARTS from a position of asking emolient questions to which policy-makers have already got answers.

The guardian was lying recently about senior labour mp’s demanding sir Keir get a “big figure” in to assist him, add gravitas and intellectual weight. I was puzzled initially as to who had planted this story about themselves?
Turns out it was Mandelson. Ho ho. Big figure.

Do you think he might be ill? Depression maybe? His performance at PMQs today was so feeble that I honestly think someone else needs to take over.

Today: elementary English history with Sir Kieth

The full speech is here on Labour List.

Its embarrassing to read.

Starmer praised the Duke of Edinburgh’s “ceaseless optimism about the country Britain can be, and what the British people can achieve” and said it was right that the Commons was recognising “the virtues he personified”.

Back
Top Bottom