Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Julie Burchill's attack on transsexuals...

I don't think the Observer should have closed the stable door after the horse had shat all over the yard though. Pointless. I do think Burchill should get the brunt of a fuck of a lot of free speech though, and not just from the target of her bile, but from everyone else too.

Who is this little shitstain?

He hasnt got all that much stick on twitter about his shit article, just a few angry tweets, possibly because hardly anyone noticed his existence. And he hasnt said anything on twitter itself that was quite as disgraceful as the first part of his article, although a few tweets made it obvious where his idiotic opinion was going to go.

@tompeck
After a weekend spent in the real world, only just acquainting myself with the Burchill column. Bit disappointing. Was braced for far worse.

@tompeck
So the Obs has "withdrawn" the Burchill piece, providing crucial encouragement to manufacturers of confected outrage everywhere. Pathetic.

Probably somebody's kid if he got the indie piece
:( Say it ain't so :(

Gregory_Peck_1916_2003.jpg

That's the thing about her. She knows how to really wound and enrage in as hateful a way as she can muster, it's her main schtick.

I strongly disagree. I think she's useless as a wind up merchant these days. She's just needy, vulnerable and tame. This article was virtually a sob story. She hasn't been right since she discovered religion, who'd have thought it ten years ago - Julie Burchill wanting to be pitied because she's a woman and from a working class background and everything! What's troubling is that the attitudes towards transgendered women reflect a certain ideology amongst certain feminists and wider prejudice. Too many people harumphing along with this. It's an easy prejudice.

Back
Top Bottom