Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

My strategy for a Labour win.

Nationalise, by issuing 1000 year bonds at 0.5%

Railways
Buses
Water
Gas & Electricity
Telephone & net (including mobiles)

Introduce road tolls for motorways at 1p a mile, and use the money to subsidise public transport.
Introduce a 1p a litre tax on petrol (3p on diesel) the money hypothecated for road repairs.
Introduce a national housing corporation, which takes over all public sector housing, and has a legal obligation to build 200,000 new homes each year.

Don't give up your day job :D

It's absolutely bog standard psephology, and has been for at least forty years, that bad weather affects labour supporters more than tories. Why anyone would doubt/deny that is mysterious...unless they have an agenda
Yep...always referred to election day rain as 'tory weather', but that did date from a time when there were massive class-based car-owing differentials.

Interesting to see how many tory party (party of the workers) goons are celebrating the death of UKIP on SM. That would be the party that put them into 3rd place in that town of the workers?

Yep...always referred to election day rain as 'tory weather', but that did date from a time when there were massive class-based car-owing differentials.
Just over 60% of the adult population have a driving license, and around 20% of households don't have a car, so its still significant.
cars-in-the-uk.jpg

introduce a pledge to neckshoot all former tory cabinet ministers and hang former tory mps from gallows erected on horseguards - and then you'd see an upswing in support for the labour party

You're so fucking merciful, that you make me vomit!!! :mad:

The Essex and Cheshire salt mines, for the lot of them! Then, when they're no longer capable of labouring for the good of the People, stick 'em in gibbets on Horseguards, with plaques attached to their cages stating their crimes. There will be baskets of rotten food by each gibbet, and the public can choose - or not - to hurl such refuse at the MPs, always bearing in mind that a rotten swede is a meal for the MP.

Because everyone has a car, don't they? I mean, sure, some people can only afford to buy them second hand, but they still mostly get you from A to B.

I don't have a car. only about one in five of my council estate neighbours have a car. We rely - like many of the urban poor - on public transport.

Because everyone has a car, don't they? I mean, sure, some people can only afford to buy them second hand, but they still mostly get you from A to B.

For the avoidance of further confusion, no, not everyone has a car, so that can't be the reason that suggesting that not everyone has a car is a gaffe.

if a party's worth is to be measured by the probability of it forming a government then the lib dems, ukip, greens, uup, dup, sf, sdlp, plaid cymru, snp etc etc etc ought to cease fighting elections to parliament.

Labour's different, they're still potentially the only party who could get enough votes to beat the tories. Unless of course you're happy for the tories to carry on in government for the next 5, 10, 20, 40 years??

My strategy for a Labour win.

Nationalise, by issuing 1000 year bonds at 0.5%

Railways
Buses
Water
Gas & Electricity
Telephone & net (including mobiles)

Introduce road tolls for motorways at 1p a mile, and use the money to subsidise public transport.
Introduce a 1p a litre tax on petrol (3p on diesel) the money hypothecated for road repairs.
Introduce a national housing corporation, which takes over all public sector housing, and has a legal obligation to build 200,000 new homes each year.

Who is going to be buying these hundreds of billions pounds worth of 1,000 year gilts?

Labour's different, they're still potentially the only party who could get enough votes to beat the tories. Unless of course you're happy for the tories to carry on in government for the next 5, 10, 20, 40 years??
it doesn't matter whether i am happy or not, it's not like my vote makes any difference living as i do in a very safe labour seat.

Back
Top Bottom