Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

Would you say you support them 100%? I've not got a problem with not supporting JC, I do have a problem with wilfully empty hyperbolic phrases
Well yeh of course I support them 100%. I don't support any other team. I have no other "horse in the race". That's what I mean by "100%".

I'm def not saying "I devote 100% of my energy to supporting them" if that's what you understood.. I'm just electorate, I'm not part of the game.

have you ever thought of bringing us something new instead of the remains of a many-times-reheated dog's dinner?

Like what? The problem isn’t going to go away by not mentioning it. The Labour Party is pointless if it doesn’t have a chance of forming a government and rebuilding the party is on hold until Corbyn goes.

giphy.gif
#

If the UKIP vote does swing to the Tories, and UKIP incompetence + May's positioning suggests that is the trend, Labour are extra fucked.
CORBYN OUT. CORBYN OUT.

:thumbs:
He has to hang on till after next conference at the very least - the party cant go through another challenge so soon after the last round of madness. (although i guess anything is possible)

Last edited:
Copeland wasn't so good, but nothing to panic about.

Losing one by-election is not a catastrophe - sitting at 25%, and being 15+% behind the government, and your leader having a 16% approval rating while the PM has a 45+% approval rating, and those numbers being solid for the best part of a year however probably does count as being well within the 'something to panic about' box...

Copeland wasn't so good, but nothing to panic about.

Listening to Radio 4 interviewing life long Labour voters who voted against Corbyn should worry some people. It seems a lot of people weren't voting for the Tory party they were voting against the Labour leader.

Losing one by-election is not a catastrophe - sitting at 25%, and being 15+% behind the government, and your leader having a 16% approval rating while the PM has a 45+% approval rating, and those numbers being solid for the best part of a year however probably does count as being well within the 'something to panic about' box...

Agreed. But I don't see a change of leader making a blind bit of difference to this.

there remains no real mechanism for purging them, especially with most of the new members remaining inactive in the local parties.

That said, here in Preston the left slate swept the board at the recent CLP elections - I dunno if that would translate into a similar sweep in the westminster nomination though, as the actual numbers voting in the CLP elections were pretty small.

For anyone seeking a silver lining, based on his soothsaying record, then a GAME OVER tweet by Dan Hodges is probably it:

Nah, it wasn't his personality. Blair was the result of the politics of the day, as Corbyn is now. You've got it the wrong way round.
Absolutely. Labour's 1997 victory was inevitable, particularly after the defeat snatched from the jaws of victory in 1992. As political economy it was just more neo-liberalism, but a reset, in supposedly optimistic times. Newness playing out as inclusion - not equality - and an electoral cross class alliance in which the working class has nowhere else to go. Having said all that, Blair was a perfect embodiment of the project. But yes, that's not where we are now.

So, all the usual suspects blaming everything on JC. Never mind the long-term abandonment of the working classes as has been pointed out by others. The only upside such as it is, is that it looks like UKIP might actually be finished.

PASOKification required a Syriza.
That's the heart of it. Corbynites haven't changed the Labour Party, so it just remains a party saying 'vote for us, we believe in how things used to be 40 years ago'. Why the fucking fuck would anybody believe them after decades of, that word again, abandonment. But nor have they made even a tiny step towards even thinking about becoming a social movement or, at an even more basic level, engaging with people's lives.

Far too soon to right off UKIP. They were never going to be anywhere in Copeland, and they fucked Stoke by having a bumbling fuckwit who is incapable of distinguishing between truth and lies.

If labour do respond by trying to pay more attention to their remain supporters, then a more coherent kipper campaign with a semi-sane candidate could run them close.

Leigh will be interesting if Burnham wins the manc mayoral (Paul Mason for MP!)

Back
Top Bottom