Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

Blair's 'election winning ability' was a one-off, and had little to do with his supposed charisma. The political currents that were in play in his time, and which saw him into Downing Street are no longer in play - no shiny centrist could step forward and do what he did today.

I'm not sure that anyone at all could do more than a few percentage points better than Corbyn, Labour's electoral problems are a long time in the making and it seems difficult to see how anyone could overcome them.

Blair's 'election winning ability' was a one-off, and had little to do with his supposed charisma. The political currents that were in play in his time, and which saw him into Downing Street are no longer in play - no shiny centrist could step forward and do what he did today.
3 times but yes I specifically said it was in reference to electability not politics

Nah, it wasn't his personality. Blair was the result of the politics of the day, as Corbyn is now. You've got it the wrong way round.

Blair's charisma did have a lot to do with his popularity but his 'politics' were attractive to a huge section of the electorate too. Unfortunately Corbyn fails on both those counts and Labour will never win a general election with him as leader.

Blair's charisma did have a lot to do with his popularity but his 'politics' were attractive to a huge section of the electorate too. Unfortunately Corbyn fails on both those counts and Labour will never win a general election with him as leader.
have you ever thought of bringing us something new instead of the remains of a many-times-reheated dog's dinner?

Hard to imagine that anyone who has at some point cared has not succumbed finally to Corbyn-fatigue

Corbyn played a blinder at PMQ's this week, hammering the Headmistress on the NHS, he must have had voice training, he appeared to dominate the chamber when he spoke.

Yeah I know, I think the story is wrong ST took that symbol from a real French resistance cell

Of course the original use of the term comes from WWII France (!!) but if this 'Labour Maquis' group wanted to be associated with that they shouldn't have used the ST symbol. Sadly perhaps, we live in times when Star Trek is arguably better known than La Résistance. It was naive (at best) of them not to recognise this fact.

If Labour lose either by-election, will Corbyn resign and if so how quickly? I can't see how he couldn't, and it'd have to be quick wouldn't it.

He's got past that before by just not resigning. I don't see why he couldn't again tbh. It doesn't look like they have any way to force him out if he doesn't.

Nah, it wasn't his personality. Blair was the result of the politics of the day, as Corbyn is now. You've got it the wrong way round.

I think Corbyn has been an absolute godsend for the PLP and Guardian types tbh, much as they'd hate the idea. They've not had to look at the reasons for the failures of the last 2 elections at all and have been able to convince themselves it's all about needing a new leader. It must be very comforting.

If Labour lose either by-election, will Corbyn resign and if so how quickly? I can't see how he couldn't, and it'd have to be quick wouldn't it.
No chance, not even if they lose both. He'll stay until at least a couple of key internal policy changes are pushed through, then step aside. Another year or so, I reckon

I think Corbyn has been an absolute godsend for the PLP and Guardian types tbh, much as they'd hate the idea. They've not had to look at the reasons for the failures of the last 2 elections at all and have been able to convince themselves it's all about needing a new leader. It must be very comforting.
their dual mantra, Tony Blair's Election Winning Machine, and Come Back David Miliband

Back
Top Bottom