Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

if Corbyn loses half a dozen from his SC over this - though i've no idea what any of these people think they'll be achieving, its not as if they're going to block Brexit - are there any MP's left to fill their shoes from the pool who'll work for him?

if Corbyn loses half a dozen from his SC over this - though i've no idea what any of these people think they'll be achieving, its not as if they're going to block Brexit - are there any MP's left to fill their shoes from the pool who'll work for him?

Some will be calculating that it will help them keep their seats.Siddiq is a case in point -hampstead is highly marginal against the tories but with a large potential libdem vote so its as much about self preservation as principle.Not sure about boundary proposals in her case (update -looked it up ,her new constituency would inc 7 wards from her current seat,2 from finchley(thatchers old seat and one from holborn and st pancras)..
The interesting ones are those whose vote doesnt help them in their constituencies.And there a few tories in that list as well as labour.

Update tonight's yougov has london -tories 42,lab 22 libdem 20

Last edited:
What only some contributions have been emphasising in these recent pages, is not just how split Labour is, but how split the electorate** is ... :hmm:

**Wanted to say : 'the fucking electorate'. Best not ;) :p

I must admit, I think a sizable proportion of my local CLP have lost their minds...

I just don't get this attitude that the referendum result can be ignored or overturned - like many, most probably, I voted to remain, but I accept the result as legitimate, and in a narrower political way I can only imagine the impact on political stability if a popular vote were to be ignored by a political class already perceived as being divorced from wider society.

I just don't get the logic of it, either in a philosophical sense or in a electoral sense...

I'm beginning to think that Corbyn should quit, but he should call the whole party wankers in his resignation speech in the House. Fuck you all, he should say, You deserve everything you get. You're that. Then wave his curled-up fingers in a cursory wank gesture and stride out.

But *sigh* he won't.

I must admit, I think a sizable proportion of my local CLP have lost their minds...

I just don't get this attitude that the referendum result can be ignored or overturned - like many, most probably, I voted to remain, but I accept the result as legitimate, and in a narrower political way I can only imagine the impact on political stability if a popular vote were to be ignored by a political class already perceived as being divorced from wider society.

I just don't get the logic of it, either in a philosophical sense or in a electoral sense...

To use a Trumpism -its not very smart.But JC has seen the polling and knows what he has to do.Watson has done the old buy british tonight and said brexit wlll free us from EU restrictions on state aid.You just have to grit your teeth and say these things .

In the last general election the manifestos of the majority of winning candidates supported the EU. Since then the ref has given a popular mandate to leave. May has no mandate whatsoever for her negotiating stance. Rolling over and endorsing her every move at this stage is neither opposition nor holding the government to account. A strong and resourceful politician could articulate policy which is both yet falls short of trying to overturn the ref.

I'm beginning to think that Corbyn should quit, but he should call the whole party wankers in his resignation speech in the House. Fuck you all, he should say, You deserve everything you get. You're that. Then wave his curled-up fingers in a cursory wank gesture and stride out.

But *sigh* he won't.
you'd need a crowbar to turf him out of the house at thise point

In the last general election the manifestos of the majority of winning candidates supported the EU. Since then the ref has given a popular mandate to leave. May has no mandate whatsoever for her negotiating stance. Rolling over and endorsing her every move at this stage is neither opposition nor holding the government to account. A strong and resourceful politician could articulate policy which is both yet falls short of trying to overturn the ref.

But this is not the vote to do it on. On the deal for exit and the great repeal bill thats the time to do it.This just looks like waiving two fingers.

Back
Top Bottom