Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

Fucking hell. That's depressing. Surprised he's still allowed a twitter account let alone being elected to anyone's committe.

If you have ever had the misfortune of reading anything he has written it is very clear that he is unwell, yet apparently he has found an audience that not only do not think that he is unwell but thinks that what he is saying is sufficiently sensible to put him in a position of influence.

If you have ever had the misfortune of reading anything he has written it is very clear that he is unwell, yet apparently he has found an audience that not only do not think that he is unwell but thinks that what he is saying is sufficiently sensible to put him in a position of influence.
Enough of dinding.

TG put up a load of stickers in brighton accusing people of being fascists. People who are not fascists. He tried to get them excluded from the unemployed centre too.

Ah bless ya. On the one hand, look how working class I am, on the other, you use a class-based insult to get at someone.

that's really poor, drding, really really poor.

Lol, you must have a different view of the Spoons to me / us lot down here in N Devon -our local deffo not a place that folk look down on, and didn't cross my mind that was what D Ding was doing.

Maybe a bit low falutin' for you tho ?

Lol, you must have a different view of the Spoons to me / us lot down here in N Devon -our local deffo not a place that folk look down on, and didn't cross my mind that was what D Ding was doing.

Maybe a bit low falutin' for you tho ?

I think you can not look down on people who go to wetherspoons while also being aware that there are people who do, in fact I've been sat in wetherspoons pubs with people slagging off wetherspoons pubs without knowing that they were in one!

I think you can not look down on people who go to wetherspoons while also being aware that there are people who do, in fact I've been sat in wetherspoons pubs with people slagging off wetherspoons pubs without knowing that they were in one!
they vary quite a lot in food quality, a lot is down to how kitchen trained the staff are- microwaving readymade curries is something anyone can do, but the fresher stuff needs someone with kitchen experience even if its just years of home cooking. As for the quality of the surroundings that varies as well- think that depends on how much the landlord/lady gives a shit and how long its been since the chain paid for a refurb.

they vary quite a lot in food quality, a lot is down to how kitchen trained the staff are- microwaving readymade curries is something anyone can do, but the fresher stuff needs someone with kitchen experience even if its just years of home cooking. As for the quality of the surroundings that varies as well- think that depends on how much the landlord/lady gives a shit and how long its been since the chain paid for a refurb.

Yea I have a friend who worked in the kitchen as a cook at a Wetherspoons and he couldn't fry an egg, the food there was not good but he said he got treated like shit there as a worker which answers a Q upthread. Pubs generally seem to treat workers like shit though.

Jesus Fuck - I had to work alongside him for 3 years! Unwell - tip of the icebwerg - well recalling the uncountable different BUC bank accounts (friends of etc.) and midnight break-ins to mash up hard drives - the man is a fucking loon.

Variety is good though. Wetherspoons doesn't force an identikit brand identity wherever it lands. I don't want to sound like a shareholder, but I can't see what's wrong with it. There's no music, so you get the sound of people talking instead. It's reasonably inclusive. Even at down-at-heel Wetherspoons, you can chat with strangers in a way that's actually pretty unusual for a pub.

My question above was serious though. There must be a catch. Someone give me credible evidence that it's a union-busting, zero-hours hive of racist bullying secretly controlled by the Masons. If you don't, I will keep going there and, as a consequence, capitalism wins.

Variety is good though. Wetherspoons doesn't force an identikit brand identity wherever it lands. I don't want to sound like a shareholder, but I can't see what's wrong with it. There's no music, so you get the sound of people talking instead. It's reasonably inclusive. Even at down-at-heel Wetherspoons, you can chat with strangers in a way that's actually pretty unusual for a pub.

My question above was serious though. There must be a catch. Someone give me credible evidence that it's a union-busting, zero-hours hive of racist bullying secretly controlled by the Masons. If you don't, I will keep going there and, as a consequence, capitalism wins.

its a chain, they'll sweat their labour and use size to drive down purchasing price throughout the length of the supply chain. Thats just how shit works. Hungry Horse or a Toby Carvery aren't going to be much different. Don't even think the landlord/license holders are on a massive wedge either.

Sorry, but unions for barstaff? Do you think we're Denmark or something?

Truth is that spoons operates at the minimum legal requirement and it would be hard for them, as a big chain, to be below that (other pubs might - just cos it's an independent doesn't mean the staff are treated better).

But more generally, in the UK, bar staff are paid really fucking badly. No just spoons. Generally.

corbyn in spoons:

'A glass of water please. Tap'

thinking 'another cheap night out for me'

corbyn in spoons:

'A glass of water please. Tap'

thinking 'another cheap night out for me'
That's true everywhere, though.

Truth is more sinister. Truth is everyone rushing to the bar to buy the round cos it's a spoon's.

'Stand back, I'm getting this one'.

Cheap cunt.

eta:

Still counts if he's buying the round , though...

pah, but, you hold the door open for everyone like a lovely person. And then lo, you're the last to the bar...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom