Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

Who would your favorites to form SDP2?

For me, Aaagh and the bad Benn. Tom Watson won't jump I think.

just don't see it tbf, had thought perhaps but I'm leaning towards the idea that there will be another challenge with a candidate who is not so clearly inept or freakish

Clearly there are a hardcore of malcontents who want to carry on the war - but they will be met with a lot of "SHUT THE FUCK UP" from accross the labour party and from well beyond team jez.

Corbyn tightens grip on power as MPs prepare for a fight

If the leader does appoint his own shadow cabinet it means the crucial seats its members take on Labour’s ruling National Executive Committee could all be held by his backers - further strengthening his control over that crucial decision-making body.

In which case he'd be incredibly stupid to let the PLP MPs choose shadow cabinet. Or rather even more incredibly stupid.

But the daunting task facing them [the splitters] became clear when it emerged there had been a further membership boost even in the hours since Mr Corbyn’s victory, with a further 15,500 people joining the party.

^ the above is exactly why the PLP are pushing for shad cab elections. And why corbyn is pushing any changes back till after the new NEC is formed.

What i glean from all this is that the plotters are saying "we will stop fucking things up if you let us vote for the shadow cabinet posts"

I should think that Corbyn and Mc Donald will face them down and dare them to rebel again - and face the wrath of the rest of the party.

Labour has changed. thank fuck. Corbyn is looking like a leader now, and he has lovely schemers with him too.

Some of the new people seem more like boy-band fans than political analysts, but they are telling everyone we need this Labour anyway. Can't beat enthusiasm, and I don't think their enthusiasm will fade quickly, this isn't just teenagers.

The membership is looking good, and good for all left leaning folk, do we need to get to a million before we call it a proper mass movement?

I am quite happy, even if there are bound to be very difficult times.

On the subject of resignations, I've just seen someone say "the letter is real, up to 84 to resign in stages tomorrow."

:hmm:

I very much doubt that is true.

On the subject of resignations, I've just seen someone say "the letter is real, up to 84 to resign in stages tomorrow."

:hmm:
Again, bring it on. Aaagh wouldn't last 5 minutes. How many had such a close relationship with their constituancy to do much longer. It is cleaner than a purge.

Unless they had a solid plan with legal standing to take the Labour name and infrastructure it's simply not going to happen. And as we've seen, they're not the best at having solid plans. Neither are they a cohesive group. I doubt they could find 40 who would be prepared to jump ship together, let alone 84.

I'm pretty sure I've said it before (at least twice), the right could very well form their own party, find their own backers, and even have a sizable number of candidates to fight elections. What they're missing is a leader, since Blair left and Mandelson spending most of his time in his crypt, New Labour is just a bunch of schemers, essentially sitting around Millbrook thinking "What would the Tories do in this situation?"
And in this situation is breakaway and from their own party, ie UKIP.
BUT (sorry) where UKIP had a simple remit of being acceptably racist. New New Labour have "We're like the Tories, just not the Tories. VOTE FOR US!!"

I hope my MP jumps ship - I want to vote labour in the next election but i would struggle to vote for him (Ben Bradshaw - arch blairite) - let alone go out knocking on doors for him.

Luckily my house is being moved from Rachel Reeves constituency to Greg Mullholland's in the boundary review, so I can vote Labour without voting for "we'll cut worse than Thatcher" Reeves and help turn the octocunts into the heptocunts :thumbs:

I'm pretty sure I've said it before (at least twice), the right could very well form their own party, find their own backers, and even have a sizable number of candidates to fight elections. What they're missing is a leader, since Blair left and Mandelson spending most of his time in his crypt, New Labour is just a bunch of schemers, essentially sitting around Millbrook thinking "What would the Tories do in this situation?"
And in this situation is breakaway and from their own party, ie UKIP.
BUT (sorry) where UKIP had a simple remit of being acceptably racist. New New Labour have "We're like the Tories, just not the Tories. VOTE FOR US!!"

They could replicate the phenomenal success of Scottish Labour

Seems like a single councillor has left.
CtQsb9YW8AEurUJ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom