Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters

Interestingly this suggests that only up to half of Leave voters are particularly drawn to draconian or nostalgic right wing positions, so 25% of the electorate. This corresponds with the 23% who say they would vote for an anti-Islamic party or the recent poll giving a very racist UKIP 18%. It’s hard then to talk about Leave voters per se or what they want from Brexit other than some noisy cunts appear to get to speak for the whole.

What exactly was the question they asked in the poll anyway? Was it “do you want to bring back pre-decimal currency?” Y/N? Or was it “How bothered would you be by bringing back pre-decimal currency on a scale of 1-10?” with anything other than a 9 or 10 being reported as being in favour?

What exactly was the question they asked in the poll anyway? Was it “do you want to bring back pre-decimal currency?” Y/N? Or was it “How bothered would you be by bringing back pre-decimal currency on a scale of 1-10?” with anything other than a 9 or 10 being reported as being in favour?
And if you’re being asked to give a response about predecimal currency, how likely was it to have been on your mind before prompted anyway?

I tracked down the original YouGov poll — it’s not short of remain voters who want death penalties and wasteful lightbulbs too, albeit at much lower levels of prevalence

750AB6C0-78F8-47FD-A43C-6352A87B59C4.jpeg

Some of the questions are very open to interpretation. Does “selling goods in pounds and ounces should be brought back” mean ONLY selling them in pounds and ounces or printing it in both or leaving it up to the vendor? Are they saying people should have the option to buy incandescent bulbs or that they personally want incandescent bulbs?

Things like corporal punishment likely reflects age profile more than anything else.

I tracked down the original YouGov poll — it’s not short of remain voters who want death penalties and wasteful lightbulbs too, albeit at much lower levels of prevalence

The overall numbers in favour of bringing back the death penalty seem a little low.I wonder if some pro death penalty remain voters are more likely to say no since it is tied to leaving the EU in the question. Although it's also possible that some people on both sides are in favour of the death penalty in principle but don't think it should be reintroduced.

The overall numbers in favour of bringing back the death penalty seem a little low.I wonder if some pro death penalty remain voters are more likely to say no since it is tied to leaving the EU in the question. Although it's also possible that some people on both sides are in favour of the death penalty in principle but don't think it should be reintroduced.
By God it should be brought back for malfeasance in public office, show those pampered fops in westminster we'll not put up with their fuckwittery

They're not giving the impression that they are doing what's right for the population

I thought they were doing the "will of the people" or at the least "delivering on the referendum". Where did this idea of "doing what's right for the population" come from?

Has anybody passed this novel idea onto their MP?

Now that is a good idea might be a problem getting the government to understand it.

Maybe we should start a poll.

All those in favour of the government doing whats right for the population, should get their attention long enough to ignore it.

Surely on a scale of 1 to 12?

That fits in with their heroes Mogg and Johnson. By any chance does "School" mint its own coinage for the tuck shop ?

Even those two simple words, ‘tuck shop’, are redolent of the class hierarchy. Stamped on youngsters from infancy, evoking characters like Billy Bunter, Lord Snooty and Winker Watson, that we may be successful, but never be like them. The Rees-Moggs and chums.
United Kingdom? Oh my sides.

Back
Top Bottom