Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
But what would not ignoring the 48% mean? What actions should follow from not ignoring them?

Does not ignoring them mean having a second referendum?
(Hint: that would actually be ignoring the 52%).
No it wouldn't, this would a vote on the practicalities of the leaving agreement as the previous vote was a vote on the principle

But what would not ignoring the 48% mean? What actions should follow from not ignoring them?

Does not ignoring them mean having a second referendum?
(Hint: that would actually be ignoring the 52%).

Depending on the interpretation of the will of the people it is not 52% of the british people that voted to exit the EU just using Uk citizens then only 25% voted to leave but using the wikipedia for british people then it is only 12%.

In the words of winston Churchill there are Lies,Damned Lies and Statistics.

Depending on the interpretation of the will of the people it is not 52% of the british people that voted to exit the EU just using Uk citizens then only 25% voted to leave but using the wikipedia for british people then it is only 12%.

In the words of winston Churchill there are Lies,Damned Lies and Statistics.
Er Benjamin Disraeli. Not the racist Winston Spencer Churchill.

Fair point
How so? If you support representative democracy his positions are not (necessarily) inconsistent.

Representatives are empowered to take decisions on the behalf of the electorate. And that's exactly what many of those that support Remain have been arguing for - that A50 should simply be revoked and leaving the EU forgotten about, that referendums are bad, that only the qualified should be allowed to determine political policy.

Please name one result that everyone wanted, It seems to me there are allways a few left overs that did not want whatever decision was made.

Can you name any election that delivered “the result that everyone wanted”? That was Frank’s point.

Elections not mentioned just democratic decisions.

My point is asking for any democratic decision, election or referendum that delivered the result everyone wanted.

I cannot think of any democratic decision (or election or referendum) that delivered such a result.

Elections not mentioned just democratic decisions.

My point is asking for any democratic decision, election or referendum that delivered the result everyone wanted.

I cannot think of any democratic decision (or election or referendum) that delivered such a result.
Exactly.

So your point in singling out the Brexit Ref is...?

Back
Top Bottom