Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
Cats and dogs don’t have bills.
Ducks do.
so do people

_99372877_cd017a52-42c8-4168-8db4-61426266ba50.jpg

You don't know that, nobody knows the future. Leaving with no deal is still possible, and absolutely definite without a ratified deal or extension, neither of which has majority support at present. With three weeks to go.

Look mate, I don't know what's gonna happen tomorrow but I'm pretty confident it will not rain frogs, the sky will not change colour and the Remain supporting Parliament will not vote for no deal. Not difficult is it?

Look mate, I don't know what's gonna happen tomorrow but I'm pretty confident it will not rain frogs, the sky will not change colour and the Remain supporting Parliament will not vote for no deal. Not difficult is it?
It is a no deal though, that's what happens come 29-3-19.

All parliament can do is come up with a deal...which they've not managed in 2 1/2 years but you think will happen in the next 24 days?

What makes you think that...as you check the sky for frogs?

Reactions: CRI
It is a no deal though, that's what happens come 29-3-19.

All parliament can do is come up with a deal...which they've not managed in 2 1/2 years but you think will happen in the next 24 days?

What makes you think that...as you check the sky for frogs?

In case you've not been paying attention, Parliament will vote to force May to extend A50.

...which will be granted. EU has already said as much. It might finally mean the end of May, though. But I've said that before...
I agree that it's very likely to be granted if requested, though there may be conditions demanded as a result.

I reckon (based on nothing more than gut feeling) that Parliament getting its act together to force May to make the request is still the bigger hurdle of the two.

I don't know but I have this growing feeling the deal will pass at the next vote. Its just a sense from reading around the various different media sources but I get the impression that the DUP and ERG lot are softening and throw in a few from the opposition benches that just needs enough tories to back May.

I reckon (based on nothing more than gut feeling) that Parliament getting its act together to force May to make the request is still the bigger hurdle of the two.

Not really, that vote is already scheduled. It seems inevitable should May's deal be voted down. They'll vote against a no deal and then vote for a request to extend.

...which will be granted. EU has already said as much. It might finally mean the end of May, though. But I've said that before...

Yeah I keep thinking this - that May is doomed if she can't get a deal through Parliament after the deadline. But on the other hand, she's defied gravity for so long...

Back
Top Bottom