Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
It will all be made from All American GMO Soya beans, dontcha know.

Will you be upset when all your tinpot predictions don't come true? Will you actually feel angry and hurt and stupid when nobody is force feeding you chlorinated chicken and culling lambs?

I think you will.

But don't worry.

I'll forcefeed you chlorinated chicken. SpineyNorman will probably even kill a lamb or two for you, just so you don't feel totally inadequate.

Except for the fact that investor state dispute settlement mechanisms are already part of existing trade deals such as the recent EU- Canada deal. And far from resisting them it is the EU policy to include them in future trade deals.
The CETA deal differs from TTIP and the current US proposals in being designed to enable states to carry out political and regulatory policies without interference by 'investors'. It has to be ratified by all states, none have done so I don't think because it's still mired in a case in the CJEU about whether the courts of member states have exclusive jurisdiction. So yes and then again, no.

We're leaving so none of that matters. Do you think the current or any future UK government will resist US demands for the sort of ISDS regime they've imposed everywhere else in the world?

The CETA deal differs from TTIP and the current US proposals in being designed to enable states to carry out political and regulatory policies without interference by 'investors'. It has to be ratified by all states, none have done so I don't think because it's still mired in a case in the CJEU about whether the courts of member states have exclusive jurisdiction. So yes and then again, no.

We're leaving so none of that matters. Do you think the current or any future UK government will resist US demands for the sort of ISDS regime they've imposed everywhere else in the world?
You sure that you have who is for or against this time?

Will you be upset when all your tinpot predictions don't come true? Will you actually feel angry and hurt and stupid when nobody is force feeding you chlorinated chicken and culling lambs?

I think you will.

But don't worry.

I'll forcefeed you chlorinated chicken. SpineyNorman will probably even kill a lamb or two for you, just so you don't feel totally inadequate.
Christ, you really think people who are trying to point out the massive economic, social and political risks of leaving the EU without arrangements to replace those that will be lost are doing this because (checks notes) they want the chaos to happen?

FFS, that's as bananas as saying people who "talk down" the economy are responsible if the economy tanks. One helluva reach.

dont cull sheep sell them to us. yum
It's cool that you are rich enough not to worry about food price inflation then. Not sure there will be enough of you wealthy folk to eat all that surplus lamb though. Of course you could use some of your wealth to buy up the extra and give it to people who'll have lost their jobs or businesses, or otherwise will struggle to afford rising food costs. after a No Deal Brexit. I'm sure you have a generous side! :)

Really? Weaksauce. You are the one with the silly claim that EU enforced austerity is mandatory for all MS. On a thread where the focus is the UK.
Though we’ve yet to test the limits of the phrase “shall endeavour to” should the uk make a break from the neoliberal consensus.

I was discussing brexit with a Belgian today. She was interested in what I thought about it and how we thought the uk would get on outside the EU. After a bit of discussion about lying politicians I said, without realy thinking “we’ll be begging to be let back in in 5 years” to which she replied “pfft, you’ve got to leave first”.

He's been dead nearly a decade. The living one died inside some time late 2011 and was replaced by a torture rape and murder justifying moron. The father was a murder and torture justifying moron as well.I'm glad that you like them though
But apart from that...did you enjoy the book?

Christ, you really think people who are trying to point out the massive economic, social and political risks of leaving the EU without arrangements to replace those that will be lost are doing this because (checks notes) they want the chaos to happen?

FFS, that's as bananas as saying people who "talk down" the economy are responsible if the economy tanks. One helluva reach.

We're not leaving though are we? As is becoming abundantly clear. So what is all this really about?

i am also concerned about CRI's increasing identification with residents of the uk, as witness her frequent use of 'we' when talking about brexit
Is she not in Scotland or are you doing a joke that’s flown over my head. I seen her banging on about Wetherspoons and how in Scotland they let your dog in pubs. In Scotland we also have hundreds of Spoons though ....

We're not leaving though are we?

You don't know that, nobody knows the future. Leaving with no deal is still possible, and absolutely definite without a ratified deal or extension, neither of which has majority support at present. With three weeks to go.

Reactions: CRI
Back
Top Bottom