Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
Donald Tusk: “I've been wondering what a special place in hell looks like for those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan on how to carry it out” :eek:

No new offer.

This is such a dramatic piece of Crosby-style dead-catting that it must be worth looking around to see what it was that Tusk wanted to distract from.

Poland has harsh (anti) abortion laws, but this is allowed. Does he advocate removing this final right?

Someone in his government floated the idea of tightening abortion laws, to the point of requiring a police investigation in the event of a miscarriage, but Poland's women were having none of it and immediately went on strike. The policy was shitcanned in less than a week.

Derail I know, but I get mad whenever I see Donald Tusk's name not preceded by, 'the loathsome piece of shit...'

Donald Tusk: “I've been wondering what a special place in hell looks like for those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan on how to carry it out” :eek:

No new offer.
I saw that:
Donald Tusk: 'special place in hell' for those who promoted Brexit without plan
Seems the EU have departed from their tone of pained reasonableness now. :cool:

I have a vague memory of the first major meeting in the 'negotiations', perhaps Juncker visiting Downing Street or Chequers for a meal 18 months ago. The EU side leaked that May hadn't got a clue or similar and there was hell to pay for a while about breaches of protocol. Donald Tusk doesn't seem too worried about that now. :thumbs:

The weird thing about this whole process and trying to position yourself in it, I agree with pretty much every word he said. I detest EU neoliberalism and would be a lexiteer if there was such a thing to be. But in his judgement about the way the UK state/government has behaved since 2016, about the game of politics, he's got a point. And he's right about Corbyn.

Back
Top Bottom