Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
Ah yes...the libdems refusing to support the budget unless the SNP stop campaigning for independence. We'll see how that goes at the next election.

Your party's being propped up by the DUP isn't it? Anti-abortion, homophobic, racists. Well done you.

I have no party allegiance, certainly not the DUP.

the numbers tho? Am I right in saying that lab+snp votes for no confidence is not enough to do it without tory rebels? That rare beast etc
The SNP & LDs have called on Corbyn to do it today...but I think he's waiting on the DUP who might just join if she looked like getting her deal through.
Pretty craven really; they should at least have a go.

I really don't mind - I would rather they revealed themselves now, at least I know with what and with whom I am dealing.

This is like pulling teeth. I'm referring not to the ECHR but the EU Charter, which was rescinded in UK law as part of the Withdrawal Act - do you understand what was in that Charter, which will no longer apply to LGBT people post-Brexit?

If you do understand what rights I am losing, I ask why you would take them away from me without replacing them in UK law?

If you don't understand what rights I am losing, I ask WHY ON EARTH you voted to destroy something that protects LGBT people and their partners within the EU?

As I understand it, all EU law has been encapsulated into UK law, and will be dealt with on a case by case basis after we leave?

Why on earth would any party try and water down or abolish the existing legislation? Forty years ago maybe, but political suicide now.

I don't think gay rights are really a gift of the EU, but I don't think mocking a gay man for being worried about the impact of brexit on his rights is a good look lads.
I kind of agree with you but his position is childish at best. It depends on a complete contempt for all the other interests involved in this and threw insults about ta boot.

Ah yes...the libdems refusing to support the budget unless the SNP stop campaigning for independence. We'll see how that goes at the next election.

Your party's being propped up by the DUP isn't it? Anti-abortion, homophobic, racists. Well done you.

Oh, and don't ascribe views to me I don't hold.

You are either being deliberately obtuse, or remarkably uninformed re your beloved SNP. The reason the putrid fish had to approach the Lib Dems is because her erstwhile allies, the Greens, refused to support the budget without a promise of Council Tax reform. This is something you should have been aware of.

The SNP & LDs have called on Corbyn to do it today...but I think he's waiting on the DUP who might just join if she looked like getting her deal through.
Pretty craven really; they should at least have a go.
The SNP and LDs know it wouldn't pass, or they'd call it themselves. Their calls today are for looks is all, hence why they did it on twitter.

If Labour call and lose a VONC, the screaming starts in earnest to get them to commit to a second referendum, the tories get an easy win. I can understand why they'd want to avoid both those things.

Oh, and don't ascribe views to me I don't hold.

You are either being deliberately obtuse, or remarkably uninformed re your beloved SNP. The reason the putrid fish had to approach the Lib Dems is because her erstwhile allies, the Greens, refused to support the budget without a promise of Council Tax reform. This is something you should have been aware of.
Not the thread for it.

Also...entirely wrong.

Buuuut...not the thread for it, is it. :p

The SNP and LDs know it wouldn't pass, or they'd call it themselves. Their calls today are for looks is all, hence why they did it on twitter.

If Labour call and lose a VONC, the screaming starts in earnest to get them to commit to a second referendum, the tories get an easy win. I can understand why they'd want to avoid both those things.
Agree about the minor party grandstanding, but they did both call on Corbyn to do this in the debate (?) this afternoon...as well as twitter. Waiting for the DUP will leave things too late I feel.

Yes, and in the meantime, whilst our elected representative are going round knifing one another, the populace swings in the wind.

The DUP hold the whip. They are enjoying a level of power beyond their wildest dreams. Rearrange these words... Christmas for turkeys vote don't.
If May persists with her 'deal' and Corbyn offers a whole UK customs arrangement...it could well be in their interest to join a VoNC.

If May persists with her 'deal' and Corbyn offers a whole UK customs arrangement...it could well be in their interest to join a VoNC.

Perhaps. Corbyn isn't in a position to offer anything, at the moment, and I don't see a Labour government cosying up to the DUP.

Back
Top Bottom