Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
Any road, if it wasn't clear before, may's strategy is to play for time. Vote late January or even later - they can't even get her to answer that question. ERG wankers just huff and puff about putting pressure on to limit the backstop, she carries on saying 'yes dear'. They never get the 48 letters, labour never gets an election and... 'something' gets passed in about 8 weeks. MPs shuffle off and refuse to look their constituents in the eye. Democracy eh? :thumbs:

Yes, play for time. Keep ducking and diving and hope to be able to scrape something through.

Yes, play for time. Keep ducking and diving and hope to be able to scrape something through.

TBH I think she'll wait until the last possible moment and then give the ERG / DUP a choice; either this deal or withdraw Article 50. She probably has a majority for both.

And you've said nothing to make me feel any better, or contradict what I have said, because let's face it, you don't even understand what you've done, do you?
Don't worry dear, I'm sure that newly armed with your Irish citizenry you'll be able to to exercise your inalienable human rights to join the military.

Maybe you can start a thread to let us know how you get on in basic training

I don't even see her as a back door remainer any more. It really is about surviving and making up for her stupidity in calling the 2017 election. Her only criteria for accepting a proposed deal is that it has the word deal in it.

From May's point of view, she did well today. Held it together, managed to get it out there that the vote will be 2 months+ away, didn't encounter any systematic opposition (it was almost all opposition to her plan, but the number of MPs asking about a second ref played into her hands). Corbyn wasn't even memorable.

I don't even see her as a back door remainer any more. It really is about surviving and making up for her stupidity in calling the 2017 election. Her only criteria for accepting a proposed deal is that it has the word deal in it.

She wasn't stupid to call the 2017 election (as opposed to how that was fought, which was profoundly stupid); the likes of Rees-Mogg were always going to hate her deal and it needed 60+ others to make them an irrelevance.

TBH I think she'll wait until the last possible moment and then give the ERG / DUP a choice; either this deal or withdraw Article 50. She probably has a majority for both.

I don't know. Nothing I've seen from her so far suggests she will countenance a withdrawal of article 50. A no deal crash out seems the more likely scenario.

Don't worry dear, I'm sure that newly armed with your Irish citizenry you'll be able to to exercise your inalienable human rights to join the military.

Maybe you can start a thread to let us know how you get on in basic training

I see you find this funny.

How enlightening.

I don't know. Nothing I've seen from her so far suggests she will countenance a withdrawal of article 50. A no deal crash out seems the more likely scenario.

They've been mentioning the possibility of "no Brexit at all" for at least a couple of weeks now, and Parliament can (and probably will) prevent a no deal crashout because there is not the majority to allow it to happen. Her problem is the ERG and the DUP, she has to get them back on side or she can't pass any deal.

Tbh she's set the scene for this clusterfuck and afaics she won't have control of any of this much longer. But she's done a grand job blocking brexit

They've been mentioning the possibility of "no Brexit at all" for at least a couple of weeks now, and Parliament can (and probably will) prevent a no deal crashout because there is not the majority to allow it to happen. Her problem is the ERG and the DUP, she has to get them back on side or she can't pass any deal.

Yeah but today she just waived her hand and said no vote, it seems she can kick that all the way to the day before the finish line. The ERG want a crash out, why would they back any deal?

Back
Top Bottom