Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
May definitely. Despite the shitstorm Cameron left, the tories and the interests they serve could've got through the whole thing relatively unscathed, and quite possibly with some exciting new opporunities in the field of treating the British public like shit, had there only been a halfway competent politician at the helm. May's one and only decisive action as PM has been to shoot herself and her party in the foot with a snap election.

Hmmmm. Maybe! If it wasn't for Corbyn though the bourgeois could simply turn to their reliable second 11 and solve Brexit with a New Labour govt though.

Annoying correct post there :mad:

Full-on Puddy-pedant wins :( :oops:

But also : fair dos for that :) :cool:

Not necessarily so: two words can be tautological without meaning the exact same thing. For example, a dead corpse (tautological): all corpses by definition are dead; but not everything dead is a corpse. Even so, saying a dead corpse is tautological because the use of the word dead would not be missed one iota if you just said a corpse

Not necessarily so: two words can be tautological without meaning the exact same thing. For example, a dead corpse (tautological): all corpses by definition are dead; but not everything dead is a corpse. Even so, saying a dead corpse is tautological because the use of the word dead would not be missed one iota if you just said a corpse
This is an example of a pleonasm not tautology.

Got any Irish Grandparents?
:)
My great-great-grandfather was Irish, he was a known Fenian sympathiser and was booted out of Manchester back to Dublin during the Fenian dynamite campaign, there was no indication he was one of the bombers just regarded as a general wrong'un on count of being Irish. Ended up in Kilmainham (which I've visited).
My daughter's boyfriend is from Galway, first time he took my daughter back to Ireland to meet his parents, the first thing his Dad said to her was
"You're so pretty there has to be some Irish in you somewhere"
Apparently pleased as punch to discover there was a tiny tiny bit.

Back
Top Bottom