Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
This isn't - as you you initially suggested - anything to do with Freedom of movement?

An ugly fracture in Schengen. But not freedom of movement.

I'll ask again: Do you, in your job, understand the difference?

Yes, freedom of movement is the right to settle and work, vs. Schengen which is the right to roam. Bit tricky to work and settle if you can’t cross the border though.

There hasn't as far as I know ever been a time when EU citizens didn't need to show ID at internal border checks. British (and Irish?) citizens need a passport because we don't carry ID cards, but this isn't a specifically anti-offshorers thing.

Supposedly you can cross the Schengen zone without any checks, UK and Ireland not in that zone so checks to enter either from that zone.

May's double bluff being double bluffed.

upload_2018-10-14_12-57-38.png

EU leaders are set to hold an extraordinary “no deal” Brexit summit in November to deal with the potential disaster of the UK crashing out of the bloc should Theresa May fail to deliver decisive progress on the Irish border issue this week, the Guardian can reveal.

A special meeting of heads of state and government at which the EU had hoped to finally sign off on the Brexit negotiations next month will instead be turned into a emergency summit to discuss the bloc’s response to a cliff-edge Brexit.

The plan is set to pile further pressure on the prime minister by illustrating the EU’s seriousness about allowing the UK to crash out if the alternative is a deal that would undermine the integrity of the single market, or prove to be unacceptable to the Republic of Ireland.
She's fucked unless the PLP's class traitors save her skin.

well, you couldn't expect anything less from the spineless Labour party these days - they are a national disgrace
Oh yes, there are plenty of spineless class traitors within the ranks of the PLP that are, and have been, a national disgrace.

ummuna, philips, dirty danczuk the borderline nonce, williamson 'my gob is more important than the party' . Truly my cup runneth over. Owen 'I know where NI s on the map' Smith.

cant see any deal that will have both the DUP and the labour traitors voting for it. EU will only agree to all of uk in customs union or just norn iron with sea border.

cant see any deal that will have both the DUP and the labour traitors voting for it. EU will only agree to all of uk in customs union or just norn iron with sea border.

With Corbyn now on record saying he'll support a customs union deal, labour traitors may not be required. I wouldn't want to be May trying to get the DUP back onside after such a deal was made, but she's the one who shat that particular bed in the first place.

Agreed; you've got to wonder if she's all but given up on the Unionists and put all her eggs in the Lab basket to neutralise her swivel-eyed loons?
Wonder if that was the strategy all along, just using the DUP for immediate survival...to be ditched when the SHTF?

Last edited:
Labour are not going to vote for any deal may comes back with - they've said that. Why on earth would they save her? She's fucked.
Depends to what extent it's possible to talk of Labour as one disciplined unit. There will be some from Leave constituencies who are none to keen to see a Corbyn govt. and have more of an eye on their own majority.

Depends to what extent it's possible to talk of Labour as one disciplined unit. There will be some from Leave constituencies who are none to keen to see a Corbyn govt. and have more of an eye on their own majority.

how many labour mp are going to go agasint the whip and vote to save a tory government? they'd be crucified.

Back
Top Bottom