Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
I think your issue here is that you are confusing several different concepts as one. That’s precisely the point I was making. Culture, polity, statehood, geography. And so on. These are all different things.

To be clear: I support the reunification of Ireland.

I know and I think I was probably very emotional about stuff yesterday on here. Sorry about that. Family history going back too long in the mess that was the civil war and the horrors of the troubles. And I know that ordinary people don't want a return to violence or sectarianism.
Apologies to butchersapron I assumed you were anti Irish with your butchers apron title here and "blood on the walls"....to me that is what was waved in the faces of family up north...in a way that was mocking and sectarian. And areas that flew the butchersapron were to be avoided if you didn't want to be beaten up.

Last edited:
It’s the same between France and Italy. Free movement is sacrosanct, my arse.

Shengen is a separate thing than freedom of movement.

Whilst in the EU, the U.K. maintains border control, whist allowing freedom of movement
for EU nationals.

They are different things.

You can’t not know this, in your profession.

Shengen is a separate thing than freedom of movement.

Whilst in the EU, the U.K. maintains border control, whist allowing freedom of movement
for EU nationals.

They are different things.

You can’t not know this, in your profession.

That is not what is being talked about though. There are border checks between Garmany and Austria and France and Italy, EU citizens are being turned back at these borders. Which is against Schengen and makes free movement impossible. Yet Macron and his fellow scumbags repeat that free movement must be a part of any single market type deal. The Four Freedoms are fake.

That is not what is being talked about though. There are border checks between Garmany and Austria and France and Italy, EU citizens are being turned back at these borders. Which is against Schengen and makes free movement impossible. Yet Macron and his fellow scumbags repeat that free movement must be a part of any single market type deal. The Four Freedoms are fake.

EU citizens are being turned back internally?

Saying “got a link for that” sounds confrontational. It’s not meant to be. But I’m surprised and want to read more before commenting.

EU citizens are being turned back internally?

Saying “got a link for that” sounds confrontational. It’s not meant to be. But I’m surprised and want to read more before commenting.

Brown EU citizens. If you are black and drive from Italy to France with no ID, as is your right, you will currently be turned back. If you are white you are waved through.

As to my profession, a group of Senegalese government officials I was booking had just this problem when travelling from Nice to Milan last week. The fact that two of them did have their (diplomatic) passports on them didn’t stop the rest of the group suffering a two hour delay at the border.

Schengen and as a result, free movement, has been fucked cos of the refugee influx and the racist response to it. That is another matter, but to hear Europhiles wibbling on that the four freedoms are holy is just shite, cos they are the first folk to abandon them once scary forrins roll up.

Brown EU citizens. If you are black and drive from Italy to France with no ID, as is your right, you will currently be turned back. If you are white you are waved through.

As to my profession, a group of Senegalese government officials I was booking had just this problem when travelling from Nice to Milan last week. The fact that two of them did have their (diplomatic) passports on them didn’t stop the rest of the group suffering a two hour delay at the border.

Schengen and as a result, free movement, has been fucked cos if the refugee influx and the racist response to it. That is another matter, but to hear Europhiles wibbling on that the four freedoms are holy is just shite, cos they are the first folk to abandon them one scary forrins roll up.

So how does one address problems such as these?

Schengen and as a result, free movement, has been fucked cos of the refugee influx and the racist response to it. That is another matter, but to hear Europhiles wibbling on that the four freedoms are holy is just shite, cos they are the first folk to abandon them once scary forrins roll up.
Have you ever noticed the number of self-styled xians (and for that matter jews) who pay no heed to all of the ten commandments? And they're proper holy

Have you ever noticed the number of self-styled xians (and for that matter jews) who pay no heed to all of the ten commandments? And they're proper holy

I find that the more pious one seems to be, the further removed from the teachings of Christ one tends to be.

I am atheist yet would probably have been a shoo-in for a seat at the last supper, sister-in-law is a big noise in Westminster Diocese and is one of the most selfish motherfuckers I have ever met.

This is an ostensibly bizarre claim.

This would be a massive story. A mean *massive*.

Way beyond the lens of the UK Brexit issue.

Let's repeat this (and nobody else is. Nobody in the press, nobody else here)

You're saying that EU passport holders are now being refused movement inside the EU?

This is an ostensibly bizarre claim.

This would be a massive story. A mean *massive*.

Way beyond the lens of the UK Brexit issue.

Let's repeat this (and nobody else is. Nobody in the press, nobody else here)

You're saying that EU passport holders are now being refused movement inside the EU?

If you turn up at the Austro-German or Franco-Italian border without papers you will now be turned back. Is this news to you?

More dissent within the Tory ranks

Brexit: David Davis calls for cabinet rebellion over PM's plan
Cabinet ministers should "exert their collective authority" and rebel against Theresa May's proposed Brexit deal, ex-Brexit Secretary David Davis has said. The PM has suggested a temporary customs arrangement for the whole UK to remain in the customs union while the Irish border issue is resolved. Brexiteers suspect this could turn into a permanent situation, restricting the freedom to strike trade deals. Writing in the Sunday Times, Mr Davis said the plan was unacceptable.
And further doubts about whether the DUP will back May

Arlene Foster warns Theresa May over 'dodgy' Brexit deal

Revealed: leaked emails show DUP ready for no-deal Brexit

Time for Yeat's 'Second Coming' quote "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;"?

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst UKIP
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming Brexit is at hand.

Back
Top Bottom