Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
So what? Your claim was "Ireland has always been Ireland." That's as fucking stupid as this idiot you're wasting time replying to.

The island of Ireland has always been it's own island....(up to the invasion and colonisation and rule of the English)
If you want to call it Eire or Hibernia or Ogygia call it that.
If you're being a bit obtuse about that that's your problem not mine.

The island of Ireland has always been it's own island....(up to the invasion and colonisation and rule of the English)
If you want to call it Eire or Hibernia or Ogygia call it that.
If you're being a bit obtuse about that that's your problem not mine.
You're the prat hiding behind Island and Ireland. Time waster.

For me, none of the options for a future deal put forward by all sides of the Brexit debate will actually gain a majority in parliament, other than the Norway type deal.

Sadly, I can't see May giving her backing to this or to a second referendum. She has listened to the Brexit fanatics on the Tory right from the start of this process and won't shy away from them now.

My preferred option is Norway or failing that a second referendum with the option of remaining in the EU.

I think Brexit will probably happen but it doesn't have to. In a democracy, we should have the right to change our minds when we see we we're lied to and can see that disaster is upon us. Why should future generations who did not vote for this have to live with the consequences of it?

For me, none of the options for a future deal put forward by all sides of the Brexit debate will actually gain a majority in parliament, other than the Norway type deal.

Sadly, I can't see May giving her backing to this or to a second referendum. She has listened to the Brexit fanatics on the Tory right from the start of this process and won't shy away from them now.

My preferred option is Norway or failing that a second referendum with the option of remaining in the EU.

I think Brexit will probably happen but it doesn't have to. In a democracy, we should have the right to change our minds when we see we we're lied to and can see that disaster is upon us. Why should future generations who did not vote for this have to live with the consequences of it?

Norway has free movement of people with the EU.

Poor response from someone who decides Ireland isn't Ireland :rolleyes:

:thumbs:
I said no such thing. Why lie when the record is there - a few posts above. Do you know how close your ideas of destiny are to clown red whatever his name is? No, you don't do you? Ireland is destiny, it is our blood and our soil. Ireland. Even when there was no such thing.

Last edited:
I

I said no such thing. Why lie when the record is there - a few posts above. Do you know how close your ideas of destiny are to clown red whatever his name is? No, you don't do you? Ireland is destiny, it is our blood and our soil. Ireland. Even when there was no such thing.

Look fuckwit.....I know my history.
My family goes right back to Brian Boru and further.
You quoting Padraig Pearce to me is a joke. .... with your butchers apron hanging out.

Eta you're calling me a racist? Get over yourself.
Ireland is full of people from hundreds of nations...going back thousands of years...
But...they integrated.
They didn't dominate...the way the English did. The English decided they wanted ownership...just like they did in India and elsewhere.
Go learn your own history. Sir.

You quoting Padraig Pearce to me is a joke. .... with your butchers apron hanging out.
Point proven. And the giants and that no doubt. Mythic history actually influencing someone today here and now.

'Our' country is England, well mine is anyway and you sound like a cunt so I'm going to guess you're English as well. Northern Ireland is a country in its own right. You been sniffing the petrol again?
Hmmm. The UK is a weird one as I can't think of any other country whose constituent states are granted in some senses 'country' status in their own right. Wales, for instance, in a practical sense has less independence from the rest of the UK than the states of many federal countries. And NI is doubly weird in that half the people who live there really would like it not to be a 'country' at all. Its making into a country in the first place was a grubby political fix-up. Bit like the old East Germany in that regard.

Point proven. And the giants and that no doubt. Mythic history actually influencing someone today here and now.

Ha...Brian Boru existed.
Dear oh dear....so adamant you know what you're talking about but really you know very little of Irish history. How could you? Its not your fault that the history books in England forgot to mention what was done to the Irish.
So... I'll forgive you for not knowing the truth about Irish history at the hands of the English and the Empire.

Hmmm. The UK is a weird one as I can't think of any other country whose constituent states are granted in some senses 'country' status in their own right. Wales, for instance, in a practical sense has less independence from the rest of the UK than the states of many federal countries. And NI is doubly weird in that half the people who live there really would like it not to be a 'country' at all. Its making into a country in the first place was a grubby political fix-up. Bit like the old East Germany in that regard.

No wonder so many people drink so much.

Ha...Brian Boru existed.
Dear oh dear....so adamant you know what you're talking about but really you know very little of Irish history. How could you? Its not your fault that the history books in England forgot to mention what was done to the Irish.
So... I'll forgive you for not knowing the truth about Irish history at the hands of the English and the Empire.
The giants are the myths you prat - your forefathers no doubt in in this mad racial history.

Eta you're calling me a racist? Get over yourself.
Ireland is full of people from hundreds of nations...going back thousands of years...
But...they integrated.
They didn't dominate...the way the English did. The English decided they wanted ownership...just like they did in India and elsewhere.
Go learn your own history. Sir.

Now you're just fantasising!

I just want the people who live in the North and travel across the border to shop or visit their neighbours and family to have those rights remain without the horror of a border.
The NI border as manned by the British Army was a horrible thing for Catholics and anyone Catholic travelling up to the North. I can remember as a kid being in the car terrified as British soldiers with their guns pointed at the car and them insisting on all of us getting out as they checked the boot.
We went up North to visit family maybe 4 or 5 times a year. Once they saw the southern reg they decided we were to be searched.
Unless you have experienced what it was like then you can't fully understand why the nationalists in the North are very much afraid that their rights could well be trampled on....history has a horrible habit of repeating itself...What is unfair is that the majority in NI voted to remain in the EU but their voice isn't heard or heeded in Westminster and the DUP led by Arlene Foster seem to want to alter the only agreement that has brought peace in NI.
I'm not racist butchersapron.
There are unionists in the North who want to remain in the EU.
There are even unionists in NI who want a united Ireland believe it or not.
What everyone wants here is peace and anyone deciding to mess with the only thing that has worked here is foolish to put it mildly.

Last edited:

that's rather a classical Orwelllian double-speak post!

it's not sacrosanct because other than the elite of Brussels, and the wishful thinking ideologues amongst the citezenry, it is neither desired nor sensible

Back
Top Bottom